Search results

1. B

Canon officially announces the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

Should be cheap once the kits start getting parted out!
  2. B

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III

That's in Live View. Similar to how the EOS R works. Except you have to hold the camera out in front of you to use it.......
  3. B

I weathersealed my EOS RP for $5. DIY/Cool add on.

Been thinking of doing the same for the add-on grip (non OEM) for the EOS R. The battery door gets transplanted to the bottom of the grip, breaking the overall seal. So I'll just add some foam around the opening on the body side of the grip, and below the battery door on the bottom of the...
  4. B

Canon Store refurbished sale, EOS R Body $1214, EOS 5D Mark IV $1619 and more!

Finally got a shipping confirmation. Should be here tomorrow morning. Still says backordered on the Canon site! XD
  5. B

Canon Store refurbished sale, EOS R Body $1214, EOS 5D Mark IV $1619 and more!

Anyone else's refurb R direct from Canon on back order? I snagged one during the 15% off window. Still waiting for them to charge my card and ship.
  6. B

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

Sony (and even Samsung) makes smartphone sensors with DPAF, so they definitely know how to add it. How much it differs from Canon's, who knows? Also, X-Trans is only a CFA layer, added on top of the base sensor instead of a Bayer filter. Has no affect on the build of the sensor itself.
  7. B

18-55mm EF-m IS STM experiences

Got my 18-55mm yesterday. Let's just say the 22mm spoiled me. :) Low light focusing is extremely limited on the 18-55, where on the 22mm, it was hard to find something I couldn't focus on. AF seems kinda... uh, laggy? When you half press the shutter button, there's a slight hesitation...
  8. B

SD card recommendations for EOS-M

My Sandisk 64GB 95MB/s card is slightly faster than the 8GB version at clearing the buffer. Still longer than it should ever be. The new 80MB/s cards should be the best bang for the buck, close to the 95MB/s performance.