SD card recommendations for EOS-M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Act444 said:
I just use a Sandisk Extreme 32GB card. Works quite well for me, can keep up with the camera even in "video" mode...
+1

Sandisk Extreme 32GB card 45MB/s: I don't know if something changes with respect to the 30MB/s ones (both deserve "Class 10" ranking) but the price difference was small.

As far as I know, even using the Extreme Pro 95MB/s it is impossible to shoot Full-HD RAW movies (after a new Magic Lantern firmware "2.0 compatible" is released, of course).
Too bad: I wish I could try to melt my 2007 iMac Core2Duo trying to process that amount of data.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
JohanCruyff said:
Sandisk Extreme 32GB card 45MB/s: I don't know if something changes with respect to the 30MB/s ones (both deserve "Class 10" ranking) but the price difference was small.

Not for shooting with current 32 GB cards, for which the 30 MB/s and 45 MB/s cards are both Class 10 and UHS-I. There are some discontinued 32 GB 30 MB/s Class 10 non-UHS-I cards still available from some vendors, which would be slower in the newest bodies which are UHS-I compliant.

The 45 vs. 30 MB/s speed difference would make a difference when transferring images to the computer.

Upvote 0

cellomaster27

Capture the moment!
Jun 3, 2013
San Jose - CA
Not related to the eos-m camera necessarily but I have a comment/question...

I have a PNY pro-elite 32gb class 10 @ 35mb/s. it's good when 50%> full. When its even around 50% full, I find the card to slow down significantly. Very very annoying in many situations. Is that normal? Sandisk extremes better? And I think that it's better to shoot photos in smaller sized cards. Largest I'd use is 16gb. 8's are good! Now for videos, of course you'll need larger cards (32-64gb).

Upvote 0
I'd get more than one card just in case you have issues with one. Big mistake to put all your eggs in one basket, I learned that the hard way.

just get the speed and size you need, at least twice. if you don't shoot much, 16GB should be plenty.

personal Good experiences with:
Patriot EP series UHS (64GB)
Sandisk Extreme 45mb/sec 16GB
Transcend Class 10 16GB
various MicroSD w/ adapter

personal Bad experience with:
G.Skill 64GB SDXC UHS (FF-SDXC64GN-U1) card shorted, lost 1200 pictures

Upvote 0
anthonyd said:
I got the "PNY Professional X 64 GB High Speed SDXC CL10 UHS-1" for $42.22 on Jul 15th from Amazon and I'm pretty happy with it. Funny thing is that right now the exact same memory sells for $50.47 on Amazon!?!
price fluctuations of memory products are normal.
I bought 64GB UHS cards a year ago for $25, price had been as much as $60 since then, now around $40-45

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.