Search results

1. P

Exposure compensation issue

Hello guys, hope all is well. I have a quick question regarding the exposure compensation setting on Canon Rebel T7. We're using camera in dental clinics in a manual mode, ISO100, shutter speed 1/160, f29-32 with an 100mm macro lens and macro ring flash. One of my colleagues got a new Canon...
  2. P

Any rumors on a new 200mm f2?

Hello guys, I hope you had a great Easter weekend. I'm on the market for a 200mm f2 lens, which I used to own but had to part with for some financial reasons 3 years ago. I haven't visited CR website regularly during the past few months and might miss the information. Is there any hint that a...
  3. P

Another question on tripod and ballhead

Hello, my dear Canon friends. I hope all is going well. I used to have RRS TVC-33 tripod with BH-55 LR ballhead sometime ago but had to part with them to fund the school. Now the school is over, and I'm thinking about picking up another tripod set. My heaviest setup will weigh ~15lb (Fuji GFX50s...
  4. P

Imagenomic free upgrade

I was not sure that current Imagenomic users were eligible for a free upgrade to version 3. Maybe it's only a Thanksgiving offer, not sure. But got an email from Imagenomic that I'd like to share with the others. Here's the link...
  5. P

Portrait lenses: Canon vs. Pentax 645d/z?

Hello guys! For those of you who use Pentax 645d or 645z along with your Canon to shoot outdoor portraits, what do you think about the image/bokeh quality produced by lenses for 645 system? I got some idea from the article by CR member Chris Giles (wockawocka)...
  6. P

Zenfolio 50% off

Zenfolio offers 50% discount for new subscribers to Pro and Advanced plans. They claim the discount is valid only today 11/30/15. Here's the link https://secure.zenfolio.com/us/z/promo/cyber-Monday?utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mm1115&utm_content=CYBERNEW
  7. P

Few questions to Zeiss 100 makro lens owners

Hi guys! I use Canon 70D with 100 2.8L macro lens in the dental clinic taking close-up photographs of my patient's teeth and gingiva. Everything works just fine, but I'm thinking about getting Zeiss 100 makro lens hoping to get more accurate colors, especially red color (which is important for...
  8. P

Is there a way to lock focus ring?

Hi guys, I hope you're doing fine. Maybe I have a naive question but it may help me a lot in my daily clinical practice. I use Canon 100L macro lens to take pictures of my patients in the clinic, and sometimes I wrap the camera in a sterile plastic bag during surgeries. Often while I'd wrapping...
  9. P

Canon 5dsR review by Jared Polin

Hello guys, I hope you all are doing great! I watched the review of Canon 5dsR by Jared Polin, and I wanted to share it with you. I think Jared did a great job trying to avoid comparison with Nikon D810 and focus on advantages that can be interesting for current Canon users. I personally liked...
  10. P

Largest softbox size to use with 600 EX-RT?

Hi guys! I currently use on-camera 600 EX-RT with Gary Fong lightsphere, which works just fine for taking indoor and outdoor portraits. But I've finally decided to build up my off-camera outdoor lighting kit. I mostly take portraits of a single person, not a group of people. The question I have...
  11. P

L bracket for 5d?

Hi guys, I hope you all are doing well. I need to get an L bracket for my old Canon 5d (classic) but I can't find the one on the RRS website. I know RRS sells L brackets for 5dii and 5diii but has anyone purchased L bracket for 5d? I guess I should have called RRS to find out but I had a very...
  12. P

Canon vs. others at 200mm

Lensrental.com posted an interesting comparison of Canon 200 2.0, 70-200 2.8ii and 200 2.8 vs. similar lenses from other manufacturers and among each other. http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2015/03/just-the-lenses-the-great-200mm-shoot-out Enjoy! :)
  13. P

Manual macro lenses for intraoral photographs

Hello guys. I take some intraoral photographs in the dental clinic using 70d and 100 2.8L. The combo works well, but sometimes I don't like the colors of the mouth tissues, even if shoot RAW. Once in a while I read very nice reviews about some other macro lenses (e.g., Voigtlander SL 125 2.5...
  14. P

Gift for gf's birthday?

Hello guys, I hope everything is well with you. My gf's birthday is coming soon, and she told me she wanted to have a small camera to walk with, do street photography and take some pictures of her friends. She also wants the camera to have good video capabilities. All of that is just for fun and...
  15. P

Canon great results in World Press Photo 2015 contest

Petapixel.com reported a breakdown of cameras (including DSLR, medium format and even Apple) captured the winning images of World Press Photo 2015 contest. In a nutshell, 25 out of 40 winning photographs were taken with Canon, 7 with Nikon and the other 8 photographs were taken with cameras of...
  16. P

Pelican ProGear cases?

Hello guys! I have a Pelican 1510 carry-on case, which is great as we all know. Recently I've seen a new line of Pelican ProGear cases on Pelican's website. Has anybody have any experience with ProGear cases? Any major differences versus regular Pelican cases? Thanks!
  17. P

5div specs?

Hi guys, I saw some rumoured specs of 5d iv on CW and wanted to share with those who are interested. Pardon if this has already been published on forum (I couldn't find that). 24MP sensor – (CW2) Dual Pixel CMOS AF III – (CW4) New and more advanced AF system (compared to EOS 5D3) –...
  18. P

50% off for Zenfolio subscription plans

Guys, I'm sure some of you received emails from Zenfolio about 50% discount for all service plans. I'd like to share it with some other folks who don't know about that and are interested in getting Zenfolio service some time soon. Use promo code "hookmeup" at checkout. Only till February 3rd.
  19. P

Purple fringing of 85 1.2ii

Hi guys! I've recently purchased 85 1.2ii and I was hoping I wouldn't see purple fringing, but it's there. For those who have 85 1.2ii, does any of you have no purple fringing? Or it's a hallmark of all copies of the lens? What's the best way to get rid of it in post-processing? Thank you :)
  20. P

Kodak's first smartphone. Will Canon follow?

Kodak has announced a release of its first IM5 Android smartphone with 13 MPx camera rear camera. Seems like a simple to use phone and apparently it comes with quite attractive price of $249. http://www.cnet.com/products/kodak-im5/ I was thinking about all conversations here on CR discussing...