Search results

1. L

how to get 300 2.8

What on earth are you on about. This is a well known and well understood concept. Quit being pedantic and trying to change commonly accepted terms to suit your fancy. Has nothing to do with cropping to get the same fov or some BS. Its as if you have never taken a landscape shot in your life, but...
  2. L

Already bashing the 7d MkII because of the Samsung NXI?

wow internet hogwash level 9000.... go back to dpreview trolls.
  3. L

Favourites of Photokina: Peak Design

Really the best possible response to QC problems. I will be buying the clutch and slide, based on the excellent design of my capture pro 2. I'd like to see a longer eye on the qr plate, so hand straps dont get in the way of the capture, but maybe that is solved with the clutch. the capture is...
  4. L

Patent: Dual Motor For Autofocus on STM Lenses

Concievably you could use the same preload motor and drive motor design to speed up focus movements, however i dont think the USM motor is the weak link in the focus chain, although i could be wrong.
  5. L

Noisy obtrusive ads

thats horse potatoes, just uncheck the box, problem solved.
  6. L

Bears in the Wild

huh, sounds like it would be handy at elevation or in the north where there are no trees. always just used the rope method, its just part of the camp ritual. come from a mountaineering background where the weight of a canister would be a non starter, although when kayaking we used to use an...
  7. L

Basic help: How does Flash exposure compensation works

as i understand it, flash and exposure adjustment work in the same way. the camera calculates the "correct" exposure, and then adds (or subtracts) the set compensation. if the camera would normally use flash power X, FEC+1 gives you flash power X+1, results vary by subject. practically it...
  8. L

Bears in the Wild

I am pretty familiar with black bears. Not so much grizzles, and their behavior is quite different. #1 rule of black bears is they feel the same way about you as you do about them. if you come around a corner and BOOM you are within swatting distance of a bear and he is suprised, you might be in...
  9. L

Noisy obtrusive ads

uncheck the box "show some unobtrusive text ads" in your filter subscriptions.
  10. L

Bears in the Wild

if it involves walking in dense bush i'll bring a bell or sing. no grizzlies here though.
  11. L

EOS M The positive experience

Then go post about it on the sony forum? If we wanted sony crap we would have bought it. This thread is not for you.
  12. L

Cropping

it IS distorted, look at the bottom left. the tree is fat and the lines in the sidewalk are jaggy. you are looking for a magic bullet. there isn't one. in limited circumstances you can edit more content into the picture, depending on your skill in PS, but that is the exception, not the rule...
  13. L

Bears in the Wild

not quite enough water here for salmon in the river, i think this guy was heading home after a day fishing in the estuary.
  14. L

"As shown in Fig 3(a), prior to rotating mechanism 3, the auxillary motor 2 rotates mechanism 4 (note at this point, mechanism 3 does not actually begin to rotate since 3 and 4 are not locked). When next motor 1 is actuated, less torque is necessary to begin the rotation of 3 since the static...
  15. L

I havent read any of the documentation, but the drawing is fairly clear and i think it makes sense... One motor drives the ring (4) that operates the aperture via pins at the pivot point (7a). One motor drives the short rack (3a?) that operates the aperture via the standard helical motion of...
  16. L

Cropping

its stretched out, but that might work for you. check the stairs in the bottom left and the tree. ray, you are over thinking this buddy. you have a rectangle A, and you want it to be a rectangle B. forget the numbers. how do you make one rectangle into a different shaped rectangle? ADD some...
  17. L

Cropping

The physical location of the photos should not change when you use different programs to view/edit them. Instead of using iphoto to catalogue them, (i'm assuming thats what it does), you can use lightroom, or bridge, or something else. it wont change where your photos are, but lightroom does let...
  18. L

Cropping

yes, lightroom will let you import a large number of photos at one time, copying/moving/renaming them and even processing them as per your settings. you will confuse yourself if you think of them as "saved in iphoto". they are saved in the folder they are in, you do not need to "move" anything...
  19. L

Is RAW worth it?

^ thankfully it seems to be on its way out. is it any different than saying "i edit all my photos using the same set of 5 preset settings"? seems kind of limiting.
  20. L

Focus problem with 100mm

the plane of focus goes through both parts of the picture. its a composition problem, other than that im not sure whats wrong.