Search results

1. D

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

Canon just does not get it or they really do not care about their professional camera products. Their delays of coming out with new updated cameras just gives Sony more camera sales. I know most of the Union set photographers have moved over to the Sony system. I don't know of anyone using...
  2. D

Canon EOS R5 Mark II to up 8K framerate [CR2]

For right now and my work flow I need a better camera for low light. I have all Canon gear and an arrange of professional lenses. The Sony beats Canon in low light with shadow detail and grain both in stills and motion but I hate the feel of the Sony camera and its menu. I hope the the R5 ll...
  3. D

Here is the Canon EOS R3

First off it looks like every other Canon body. I have been shooting for 41 years and the Canons have always fit my hand perfectly. When Sony and Fuji came out with their mirrorless bodies they were too small and they did not fit the users hand well. I believe the exterior of every new Canon...
  4. D

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

Say the camera is 45MP I would like to see as a photographer to chose what raw file size I would want. If I wanted a 20 MP or a 30MP depending on my job I would like to decide to pick the file size to save storage space and to speed up my computer. Second I would like to see the new Canon to...
  5. D

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

30 years with Canon and I have decided to sell all my Canon gear and move over to Sony. I gave Canon time to come up with a professional mirrorless camera and they have failed. These cameras coming out are not of professonal grade. To me these are travel cameras. A professional grade camera...
  6. D

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

Just shows to me this company failed to listen to the market. The higher ups who make Canon camera decisions are clueless. Did they not see the shift to Sony and Fuji for the mirrorless? This reminds me of the executives at Kodak? They fail to understand what digital cameras would do. I...
  7. D

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

The problem is Canon came late to the game and I cannot wait any longer. I need a high end pro mirrorless camera for my work flow. I do not want a camera with one card slot. I have already been burned twice with two cards the computer said it could not read the cards. One lab wanted $1500 to...
  8. D

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

If the camera has a single card slot I will not buy it. I have been burned before due to my computer could not read a card on a job I did. I now always shoot dual cards. Looks like I will be leaving Canon to Sony. I waited too long for this Camera. I bought the Fuji XT2 system to hold me...
  9. D

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Availability in 2016 [CR2]

I have been a Canon user for over 20 years and I have always stuck with Canon. I shoot with two 5D Mark lll bodies and I have all Canon glass. The problem is that Canon is doing everything they can to deplete their market share. Yes Sony has taken a big bite out of the Canon 5D Mark lll...
  10. D

Back & Forth, No 4K for EOS 5D Mark IV?

This is beyond troubling. 4K is now standard for Sony A series cameras and the same for the Panasonic GH4. Canon just does not get it. They have to come up with a mirror less camera similar to the Sony. They are losing a great deal of their market share to Sony. I can't tell you how many...
  11. D

A New EOS Pro Body With 46mp Next Month? [CR1]

October has to be a month where something is announced. Nikon is really taking a bite out of Canon's market share with a better 810 camera. Panasonic GH4 took a bite from the DSLR video guys. Canon needs to wake up and serve the professional market better. I have seen some of my friends make...