Search results

1. falcnr

Canon vs Sony mirrorless body

Hi folks, I am considering buying a mirrorless body to use on a zhiyun or similar gimbal for portable videoing of people, close objects, street scene, places etc. I'd prefer to stick with Canon to use on my extensive lens collection but i hear Sony A7 Mk3 is supposed to be the most popular...
  2. falcnr

Advice needed Canon Video camera.

Hello all, Been thinking of treading into new territory and buying a good quality video camera. To date i'm shooting stills with 1DX2 and having great results but its not a fast paced video camera for capturing BIF. Strictly personal use and 95% for wildlife. I'd prefer if i could use my...
  3. falcnr

Looking to get into video - Equipment advice

Hey folks, I've been toying with getting into video for some time now and feel ready to make a leap, mostly wildlife stuff but need to be able to video birds in flight. I'm a complete newbie with video. Any advice on equipment and would any be able to accept a myriad of Canon lens's I have for...
  4. falcnr

Replacement to the DX MK2 ?

Hello all, I've been off site for a while. Has there been any talk and timeline recently about a replacement to the 1DX MK2 ? I am needing to replace my 1dX MK2 and was thinking of buying a second but wondered if there were any talk of a replacement coming in the pipeline. Sorry if this...
  5. falcnr

1DX2 Firmware compatibility issue viewing images on computer

Hello there, not sure if any other 1DX 2 users have experienced this. I'm aware whenever new cameras come out there is inevitably a bit of a time lag between software and even after market accessories catching up with a new release. In this case My new 1DX 2 which is performing wonderfully...
  6. falcnr

5DSR Focus issues

My apologies if I did not go back far enough to see any previous discussion but has any forum members had issues with the 5DSR regarding focus issues. I've experiences an ongoing frustration with this body used on my Canon 600 and 800mm as I use it for wildlife "stills", (i'm use 1DX for action...
  7. falcnr

Canon EF 14mm F2.8 MKII - Advice Needed

Hello all, drawing from the experience and knowledge of others can anyone tell me if the above lens is a good choice for landscape image? I primarily shoot wildlife but am finding myself capturing the odd scenery and surroundings image during my travels. Early next month I plan to travel to...
  8. falcnr

C Fast memory cards in New EOS bodies ??

Does anyone have the new 5D3 SR SLR and can you tell me if they are C Fast card able? Also if the new 1DXMKII will likely have this feature? i'm currently replacing some of my older cards and stocking up on 64GB 1066x CF cards but am about to buy the 5D3SR when it arrives shortly. Wondering...