Search results

1. SilverBox

Godox launches the V1Pro TTL Li-ion Round Flash

I too use a V1 which is very capable, as well as an ancient 430ex with a stofen omibounce when I need 2 flashes, but I was recently working an event with someone who had the EL-1 and I will have to say the recycle speed is astonishing, it can basically shoot non stop in continuous drive mode.
  2. SilverBox

Canon EOS R1 prototypes are in the wild [CR3]

I have found the raw files to be quite flexible even at high isos compared to the R5, though I have taken to shooting my R3 at 3200 max and boosting more in post as that seems to me to have the best results in terms of noise.
  3. SilverBox

I assume the faster readout improves the dynamic range? But I also find that the files are much more flexible in editing than the R6 and R5 files.
  4. SilverBox

I’ve been overall very satisfied with my R3, however in my use the autofocus is the main thing I could complain about, so lack of quad pixel is a disappointment. (I find tracking to be fine, acquisition can be difficult in low light. My colleagues with the Sony a7rva seem to have better af) I...
  5. SilverBox

Three new stacked sensor cameras coming from Canon [CR2]

I recently took my R3 on vacation instead of my old R6 because it was easier to use and more comfortable in my hands, in spite of the bigger body.
  6. SilverBox

Three new stacked sensor cameras coming from Canon [CR2]

I’ve been using canon cameras professionally for years, and I am currently using the R3 for work. It definitely has the best ergonomics of all the modern R bodies and comes closest to the 1Dx/5D feel. The fact that you can reprogram almost all the buttons goes a long way as well, totally...
  7. SilverBox

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

In a certain respect we could consider the R5c to have taken the place in the timeline that we might have expected from a mark ii. If the official R6ii announcement is this winter, with shipments in early 2023, I could see them doing one of their development announcements for the R1 in the...
  8. SilverBox

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

I wonder if this means that we will see an R1 announcement before we see an R5 ii announcement, as they will need a new high megapixel BSi sensor for the R1 and the eventual R5 ii. Or maybe we get a 60pm BSi R5 ii while they test the market and hopefully finally bring the Quad Pixel AF to...
  9. SilverBox

What does the AD-E1 actually do?

I have an R3 and I use the adapter when I use my Godox V1 flash because it seems to have issues with TTL when I dont use it. However my 430ex, and rented 600ex flashes work fine, as well as the Profoto ttl remote.
  10. SilverBox

Firmware: Canon EOS R3 v1.2.0 released

A lot of nice little fixes in here! I am particularly interested to see this improved Digital I.S. because I already have been very impressed with it in handheld use with the current firmware.
  11. SilverBox

Unconfirmed Canon EOS R7 Specifications [CR1]

The new BSI sensors are great, I might consider replacing my R6 with the R7 as backup to my R3.
  12. SilverBox

Profoto A10 or Canon EL-1 for the R6?

I've used both and its a real tossup. Both recycle very quickly, though I would give the edge to the Canon. I have had more consistent color temps from the Canon as well, and I like the auto exposure more from the Canon flash. They are both BIG flashes, thought the Profoto since it is a round...
  13. SilverBox

Canon R3 Review Balanced Against R5, R5C, 1DX III

I've had my R3 for about two weeks and shot my first gigs with it last week during the NBA All-Star weekend. I was very impressed with the camera however I did experience several (at least 4) lock ups that required a battery pull. I was switching between photo and video modes often so that may...
  14. SilverBox

R6 wide angle video wobble tests

Yes to both, though Canon just released 1.5.1 today, the camera was running 1.5. This was on multiple R6 bodies, the R3, and 2 different 15-35 lenses. I also used the new RF16 as well as a Canon cine 14mm EF with the RF adapter, though it was much less pronounced with the manual lens.
  15. SilverBox

I informed my video rep, we'll see what happens
  16. SilverBox

After one of my rental customers complained of the dreaded wide angle video wobble on the RF 15-35 on his R6 body, we did some tests that I thought I would share. Wobble is present at 15mm with lens IS on and off, IBIS on or off, in 1080 capture on both the R6 and R3 Wobble is less noticeable...
  17. SilverBox

Canon confirms discontinuation of EF and EF-S lenses

The end is nigh! R3pent!
  18. SilverBox

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

Very sad to hear, this was my first page opened every day for the last several years. Will miss the community for sure, thanks for everything Craig!
  19. SilverBox

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

I think Canon is very aware of the market segment of people doing both. As @jam05 said above, many pros have more than one body. I imagine that Canon knows who their customer is, and it's the hybrid shooter that has more than one camera. Now instead of having an R5 for stills and a C70 or C200...