Search results

1. S

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

And there we have a new drinking game. Anytime someone says The Hobbit was shot in 48fps. Go!
  2. S

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Or they'll just move to another camera system and lose the customer. Many do not need the more advanced C series but need a hybrid. Especially the freelancers out there. I wouldn't call myself a serious video guy but need 24p.There are plenty of new alternatives popping up. The past 2 years have...
  3. S

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

The 7DmkII doesn't have any kind of 4k mode. And the 5DmkIV have 4k at 24fps.
  4. S

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Preach! :D "Oh 25 is so close to 24, just use that?" what are people saying. ETA: Many still photographers still need video but we're not about to buy a C series camera for it. Many loyal fans will be pushed to other brands by none other but Canon themselves. Many local stringers are getting...
  5. S

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

For submitting to certain film festivals and covering film festivals. Footage preferably needs to be at 24p. It's not a must but it makes life easier as that's what the film community has embraced. Once a team of videographers decide to cover an event if everyone has already been set to 24p and...
  6. S

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Right! I also hope the final specs list 24fps because as is, it will not work as the video backup (2nd body) I had it in mind for, to the 7DmkII. Also, no dual slots? Keeping stills on one card and video on the other. Ah well. Fuji is looking better these days. At least Canon wasn't teasing with...
  7. S

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

I have to have my own full set of gear (inc. taking care of backups) as a freelancer and don't have access to staffer's gear. AFAIK I don't think our paper even has a photog staffer anymore. The writers aren't usually carrying a full set of gear and would use their phone. The NY Daily News fired...
  8. S

Indeed! That's why this is so sad and maddening. The 5DSR is a good cam and I was going to rent one for a specific assignment but it's not the body for the majority of my work. If I never had to use an iso over 800 , I would be sitting here happy and would wait another year. But a few...
  9. S

Copy that. I'm in time crunch as well, which is why this wait is annoying. But if I needed to , I'd buy a used 7dmkII or 5mkIV to buy me some time till early Sept. Many here are in different boats. Those who cover/shoot sports for the wire, for the paper to those who take photos for themselves...
  10. S

Dude, you sold your 7dmkII ;) The D850 is rated at 7-9fps(with battery grip) vs the 5DSR's 5fps. For a photojournalist, there's the more multipurpose 5dmkiv.
  11. S

I mentioned those in my original post. Anyway... The point is , photogs want to stay with Canon but with no new midrange pro sports camera on the horizon, we are put in a tough situation. I like everything about the 7DmkII except the sensor (and how Canon's built in video codec "smushes"...
  12. S

I like my kit but I've been finding myself needing more. Under 1600 it's acceptable , at 1600 to 3200, no comparison. Have you tried covering runners training close to sunset or dog agility competitions set in a dimly lit arena and have to deliver the original high res files? Once the...
  13. S

The concern is more of staying within the playing field of the Sony A9, Nikon 850 and the like. Competitors are getting cleaner files at higher ISOs. I'd like to keep my Canon lenses but the 1dxII isn't something I can afford at the moment. Even when the 1dxIII is released and the used II market...
  14. S

I have similar thoughts but I'm trying not carry bodies from different systems. Maybe if I had a 3rd but with 2 bodies. Having a backup in the same system can be the saving grace in some situations. Same batteries, same mounts, flash coms. So switching systems is an expensive proposition for...
  15. S

The slower AF is something I'm trying to avoid. As it's hard enough competing with Sony A9 shooters out there. More of them are popping up. That's interesting re: battery capacity and slower AF. (y)
  16. S

The 17-55 2.8 IS is practically glued onto one of my 7dmkIIs. It's an amazing combo. Lighter than a 5DmkIV and 24-70 2.8 , has IS but minus the weather sealing, performs pretty well. A marriage made in heaven ;)
  17. S

I can barely afford it. Thus the trepidation. News/Editorial staff have been cut and freelancing takes a while to build up to. I like the Canon glass lineup and the performance/value ratio, just not their bodies (love the UI though, muscle memory at it's best). I also don't want to use their...
  18. S

I'm just waiting to click the buy button on two lenses for the 2x 7DmkIIs I have or, start moving to a new platform from another vendor. Other than just going cold turkey and switching to the Sony A9 or a Nikon D850 , there are not many options left. Waiting for the 1dxmk3 release for a better...
  19. S

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

A focal length and spec like the EF-S 17-55 F2.8 IS for the crop sensor mirrorless would be so nice! This chatter in the forum is making things exciting for an upcoming new body announcement.
  20. S

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Canon has that new promotion running. I've been eyeing one of those lenses and another piece of gear but will wait it out a few months till we get more, hopefully, good news.