Search results

1. M

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Sign me up for a pre-order. Just kidding, but it looks great to me. I will probably hold for the A1 II or whatever they call it. Not switching lenses right now.
  2. M

Are you experiencing this phenomenon with IBIS on your Canon EOS R5?

How often does this phenomenon happen? This would definitely bother me.
  3. M

Canon Announces That The Powerful Professional Full-Frame EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera Is On Its Way

If I was still shooting Canon I would be looking around for what I can sell, checking the seat cushions for spare change and looking for a second job. This would be my Camera. Other than that eye focus thing. That I hope can be disabled it is a gimmick that this camera does not need. The...
  4. M

Here is the Canon EOS R3

I love the look of this camera vs what Sony is offering. This looks super comfortable in hand. Still love my A9 though.
  5. M

The New Canon EOS R6 firmware v1.3.0 has been pulled globally

I agree, there is something lost with all the remote work. You never see the facial expressions or body language of people to the discussed "ideas". I see more lost than gained.
  6. M

The New Canon EOS R6 firmware v1.3.0 has been pulled globally

I am always the quick updater on anything software related. I want the often new features so I jump on the firmware immediately. Luckily I do not have the R6 at this time and did not experience this. This is very surprising for Canon that such a serious issue presented itself so quickly...
  7. M

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

You got me, I thought I was reading Sony Alpha Rumors. No way this is legit. Maybe in a few years we may see some of those specs. The cameras out now are astounding and so fun to shoot compared to what was available not very long ago so those specs will be a reality sooner than people imagine.
  8. M

Canon officially announces the EOS R5 and EOS R6 along with 4 new lenses and two teleconverters

This deserves a proper reply, but it may be longer than your statement here. Obviously mirrorless cameras are not for you. I would counter nearly every statement here, but I will not change your opinion. Just enjoy shooting. That is what really matters. For me, I love the direction that...
  9. M

Canon officially announces the EOS R5 and EOS R6 along with 4 new lenses and two teleconverters

We need to see the production models, there is no way they would release something like that. At least I hope not.
  10. M

This looks odd. If this chart is correct then you only get 20fps when in E shutter. It cannot be correct. You should be able to have a slower option.
  11. M

Further clarification of what will be announced by Canon next month

Just a few things on that list. Very impressive. Where was this when I actually had some money to spend?
  12. M

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

That lineup is quite impressive in such a short time.
  13. M

SIGMA will announce a 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS shortly

Canon has not opened up the mount, so it will be harder for the 3rd parties. It will change in time. For now Canon is coming out with some great glass and you can use the old with an adapter. For the Sony users this is good news, there are lots of new options. Now this Sigma better be...
  14. M

The Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 won’t ship for a while

Especially with all the lockdowns, this will be out in time for people to get out and have something to shoot. Getting bored with just my back yard. Exciting times for Canon.
  15. M

Canon releases an EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM kit

The problem with this setup is that it is an RP.
  16. M

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

I will miss the cripple hammer videos. They were funny as well as very accurate.
  17. M

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

That is a big question that there has not been any mention of, PRICE. Now even at $4500 that would be a deal. I know not cheap, but look at the tech involved and it needs to be below the 1DXIII, but can be higher than the Sony since it has the specs to back up the price.
  18. M

Why aren’t there more Canon EOS R5 leaks?

I would wait. Both the Z6 and A7III are nice upgrades to the 60D, changing is expensive. You can adapt lenses but it is not the same. Unless you have a pressing need now, a few months wait is not too bad. Bonus, save up some extra $$ for the extras you will want to buy.
  19. M

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

You know Canon, it cannot be the same, it will have to be less... unfortunately. They have the tech to make a killer EOS R (Pro or Sport). But they will be holding back till there is no one left to buy the gear. We are in the rarefied atmosphere still shooting real cameras. Not exactly a...
  20. M

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

Besides what others said, how about being able to use the camera for sports. This is mirrorless design and it is useless for sports or action photography. Sure you can time a shot, but in reality, the EOS R and RP were not permitted to compete with the Canon dslr lines. It's a shame since the...