Search results

1. T

There are reports of the RF 85mm f/2 IS STM landing next week

tbh I was expecting at least a quality of the EF35 F2 IS for canon's cheaper lens lineup.
  2. T

DPReview: Canon EOS R5 and R6 overheating claims tested: cameras work as promised – but that’s not enough

I hope(most likely in vain :LOL: ) that this hubbub encourages canon to jump start the deep discounts early.
  3. T

Industry News: AP Photographers will only shoot with Sony gear going forward

assuming its priced accordingly, why not? hefty difference in buying something thats got a fair few miles on it and buying something thats flat out broken, if they are dumping old equipment well they were still using it until that point ;)
  4. T

Eos Rp or R for $400 more

personally I would think the battery life is the biggest factor for these two cameras. I love my R, battery doesnt last quite like a dslr but I personally dont feel constained by it. Given the rp's lower capacity, id weigh this into your use case.
  5. T

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Well now I feel silly, Iactually that that was a serious post :cool:
  6. T

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Its fine not to understand another industry, but doubling down on a dumb uninformed take is just silly. Its one thing to criticize Canon for not including something such as ibis or 4k@120fps, but 24fps is such an easy "gimme". Its like including an auto power off in the software, another tool in...
  7. T

Skipping the 5D-s. What do you want in 5D4?

4k and raw, oh boy might as well ask for world peace ;D 7d2 specs but full frame and sony quality video would be nice. or even 1dc quality at 1080p. just anything better than the current video mushyness would be fantastic
  8. T

EF 11-24 f/4L USM Specifications

And that's what I would need it for. why why why does it have to be f/4. I really hope the specs are wrong. or you could just use it with an a7s
  9. T

5 Things We need to Forget About as Photographers (by Jay Goodrich)

jeez guys, forest for the trees. ::) this is the general gist of what hes saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E
  10. T

Canon EOS-1D C Coming Down in Price Again?

The difference is that canon probably didnt even realise how big a deal that was. Look at how intentionally gimped the 6d's autofocus is. The cxxx line, and 1dc both came out at around the same time or before the 5d3 and feature better video/options.
  11. T

Canon is all about continuity within their own product lines, Id love to be wrong but even if its capable I doubt canon allows a 5d to usurp their flagship cinema dslr with better video quality. expecting the same as the 7d2 personally.
  12. T

with the 4k video you can probably use screengrabs from any video it outputs as photos
  13. T

Lens Fungus - Advice Needed

why exactly is lens fungus so hard to get rid of?
  14. T

Canon 5dIII Raw issue

I do recall seeing those lines on earlier builds ages ago, when this stuff was just coming out. try the 1066x hoodman raw steel or toshiba exceria cards. also try a different ML build. also ask on the ML forums, there will be far more people familiar with the problem.
  15. T

Conversation with pro re: 50L vs. 50 f/1.4

law of diminishing returns comes to mind
  16. T

Returning M today...

ive never heard of the rx100 dust issue, and after owning one for a period of time it was never an issue.
  17. T

Canon EOS 7D RAW Video?

The version I have includes the raw module in it, there wasnt any extra hunting for it on the forums. But I agree, their forums are pretty terrible and the way they lay out things is rubbish over there :)
  18. T

Canon EOS 7D RAW Video?

5d3's is pretty solid as is, the interface could be better but i think ML as is is kind of fiddly so Im not really sure how much more you can expect out of it. EOSHD's guide to getting the firmware working is all you really need, the only major searching might be now that the link to the fw in...
  19. T

5DIII Magic Lantern help?

first, 1920x1080 needs 82mb/s according to the ML, it says at the bottom of mine the general mb/s and it changes depending on the resolution. I just tried and the mb/s creeped up to about 91/s when I stopped it after 30seconds or so. You may want to try the memory hack, and change the preview to...
  20. T

70D Sample photos ISO 100-25600

Right, so gaining features from the xD line at a lower price point is a bad thing. I also have a 5d3, but yeah id love a 1dx and not pay for it, who wouldnt ::)