Search results

1. killswitch

Which 150-600 for R6

I am looking to get a used 150-600 from Sigma or Tamron. Between these two any of you faced any noticeable focus hunting at the telephoto end (with its widest aperture) on a R6. I once used a Tamron 150-600 v1 and the thing that I felt about it was the zoom ring was tight and to go from 150 to...
  2. killswitch

Understanding Focal Length of a Portrait

Hi, I am a 3D artist working in the game industry, and we often get to recreate or cleanup scans of likeness of actors and actresses. Most cases we collect reference photos from various angles to understand the structure and form of the head. For full frontal shot of the portrait, we try to...
  3. killswitch

Macro Slider

I am new to macro photography. Using a Canon R6 with Laowa 100mm f2.8 2X Macro lens. Pretty quickly I found out that I will need a tripod (which I have) and a macro slider (i dont have) and need to do focus stacking to get a proper composition where the subject is in focus. Also need a focus...
  4. killswitch

Laowa 100mm f2.8 2X Macro APO for RF

Hi just bought a used but 10/10 condition Laowa 100mm f2.8 Macro. This is my first macro, manual lens and that too from a third party. Unless I missed something I am unable to take a shot when I press down on the shutter button. I have it set to manual operation mode, and using focus peaking to...
  5. killswitch

Optimal workflow for Facebook

What is your advice when saving out your photos for Facebook from Photoshop? The compression kills all the fine details as we all know. I have been scouring the net for possible solution then it dawned on me - content creators/photographers probably have more insight and the secret sauce for...
  6. killswitch

EOS R viewfinder issue

This is about the EOS R. I am using the latest firmware. I am trying to reduce the time or disable the image preview in the viewfinder after taking the shot. I remember there was some settings that sort of reduces the time it freezes my viewfinder. Or may be I am dreaming. Any one know how to...
  7. killswitch

RF Pancakes?

Ok, this might be a silly question (forgive my limited understanding of the technical limitation and possibilities of the RF mount). I am curious if RF mount based pancake lenses are technically possible to design with larger than 2.8 aperture? I love the EF 40mm pancake on my EOS R, it just...
  8. killswitch

Charging LP-E6N and LP-E6 batteries for use in EOS-R

The battery and charger on the left is an extra I have left that was used for my now sold 5D3. The battery and the charger on the right came with the R. I understand we can use LP-E6 on R, and I have had no issues using it on the R so far. However, based on the ratings printed on the back of...
  9. killswitch

Canon EOS R - Error 070

I have a question for you folks. When I turned on my R for the first time with the Lexar 32GB UHS-I SD card, I got the Error 070. It would ask me to shutdown and restart, or remove the battery and put it back on. The only way to get rid of that error was to remove and reinstall the battery (with...
  10. killswitch

Canon EOS R Continuous Eye-AF Sort Of!

I just came across this video, and did a quick test on my EOS R. I will be darned, it does work!
  11. killswitch

Bit the EOS R bullet!

Ok, after a lot of back and forth and multiple trips to the local camera store to try out the camera, and compare it side by side with the 5D4, reading up countless reviews and user feedback - I have finally pulled the trigger and placed the order for the EOS R. It will be replacing my trusty...
  12. killswitch

EOS R Low-light Gallery

Surprise to see not enough EOS R image gallery around here. This thread is all about showcasing how well R performs under low-light situations or at high ISO settings.
  13. killswitch

Your favorite book or forum/website on portraits

I was wondering if anyone here recommends any books they have had, use or come across that is focused on portraits. Like a book with just portrait shots under different lighting situations, whether in studio or outdoors. Any website or forum that is strictly resource for portrait references is...
  14. killswitch

Your take on the second Canon EOS R body

I am excited about the new Canon EOS R, and hopefully they will resolve the continuous Eye-AF tracking with a firmware update as posted by CR. I am curious what you folks feel the second body (that is expected to be announced in the coming months???) going to look like in terms of features and...
  15. killswitch

Arca-style quick release system for Manfrotto ballhead

I invested in a Manfrotto tripod (055xprob), and the 055 ball-head with its 410PL plate for its RC4 quick-release system over 3 years ago. Here is the ball-head I am using...
  16. killswitch

Scenic locations around Lake Shasta

I was looking for a proper forum to post this, not sure if it should be here. I am looking to visit Redding, CA and Lake Shasta and is the first time I will be visiting those areas. I will be going to the Crater Lake, and Klamath Falls as well but I am unable to determine where to go when in the...
  17. killswitch

Where in Lake Tahoe is this photo taken

Hi, I did a quick google search on Lake Tahoe, and this one photo popped up in the result. I have been to Tahoe several times and every time there is something new one can discover. I do not recall ever visiting this location in Tahoe. This photo reminds me of Banff, Alberta, Canada. Can...
  18. killswitch

Canon Loyalty Program Prices

How does the Canon Loyalty Program work? I contacted Canon Support in regard to a camera body that is exhibiting hardware malfunction (most likely) and they gave me the option to get in touch with Canon Loyalty Program (CLP) to replace the camera. When I called them, the representative on the...
  19. killswitch

In need of a shoulder strap for 5D3 + 70-200 IS II

I am looking to get me a BlackRapid strap or something in that line which I can use with my 5D3. In most scenarios I use my the 5D3 on my tripod for landscape shots, but at times I like to detach it from the tripod and shoot handheld. When handheld, I like the camera to have some form of secured...
  20. killswitch

Err 80 - Canon 60D. Help, anyone?

I am not sure exactly what happened as I was not handling the camera. But, when I got my hands on it and upon initial inspection of the Canon 60D which has barely 20000 clicks on, the camera displays the "Err 80" on the top panel. Initial search regarding the error on Canon website says...