BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Lalumière

I'm New Here
Jan 5, 2019
Montreal
www.pbase.com
Kind of has that Jurassic Park vibe to it.... Nice shot! Where did you find this one?
I was in a small boat in a lagoon at the end of afternoon when the sun was falling, it was in the north of Margarita Island, Venezuela. Suddenly there were a lot of pelicans landing on the trees, and the one I photographed seemed to land in my direction with the sun in his back!! I just had time to take this picture, and unfortunately my flash was off..

AlanF

5DSR
Aug 16, 2012
I was in a small boat in a lagoon at the end of afternoon when the sun was falling, it was in the north of Margarita Island, Venezuela. Suddenly there were a lot of pelicans landing on the trees, and the one I photographed seemed to land in my direction with the sun in his back!! I just had time to take this picture, and unfortunately my flash was off..
Would it be good for the bird to flash its eyes coming towards you as it is landing?

dolina

millennial
Dec 27, 2011
www.facebook.com

dolina

millennial
Dec 27, 2011
www.facebook.com
Thanks Click, Lalumiere and Nat_WA

Great egret (Ardea alba) by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr

The great egret (Ardea alba), also known as the common egret, large egret, or (in the Old World) great white egret[2] or great white heron[3][4][5] is a large, widely distributed egret, with four subspecies found in Asia, Africa, the Americas, and southern Europe. Distributed across most of the tropical and warmer temperate regions of the world, it builds tree nests in colonies close to water.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_egret

Location: https://houstonaudubon.org/sanctuaries/high-island/smith-oaks.html

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
This has actually been the first winter in a while that has seriously curtailed my shooting on the weekends due to rain. I did finally make it out and managed to catch this Northern Harrier taking off towards just before the setting sun's shadows covered everything.
1DX MK II 600 f/4L IS II w/1.4XTC III 1/1600 : f/6.3 : ISO 1000
Beautiful light, combined with perfect exposure; totally agree with Click: WOW...!
W.

Reactions: ERHP