Black and White Landscapes!

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
A Black and White version of my latest monument panoramic; Harlech Castle on the North Wales coast at sunrise. Shot on the 5D + 135L and a studio 058 tripod, it is a six frame portrait orientation stitch, resulting in a 46 mp picture. 1/100, f/11, ISO 100. I'm tending to favour the 5D for panoramics as it keeps the overall file size manageable and the detail is still superb.

Attachments

GuyF

EOS 7D MK II
May 26, 2012
Sporgon said:
...Harlech Castle on the North Wales coast at sunrise.
Nicely done. Reminds me a bit of Castle Anthrax (cue usual Python references etc.) :)

Sporgon

GuyF said:
Sporgon said:
...Harlech Castle on the North Wales coast at sunrise.
Nicely done. Reminds me a bit of Castle Anthrax (cue usual Python references etc.) :)
Thanks Guy, I'm pleased you like it because it's a castle I've tried to get for a while, and I'm very happy with the result.

Although it looks like a candidate for Castle Anthrax I'm afraid there are no lovely ladies inside to greet you. I know, I've been inside :(

Mikehit

EOS 5D MK IV
Jul 28, 2015
Nice one Danski.
For some reason the plane trees on the lake edge give it a feel of a bonsai model landscape.

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Sporgon said:
A Black and White version of my latest monument panoramic; Harlech Castle on the North Wales coast at sunrise. Shot on the 5D + 135L and a studio 058 tripod, it is a six frame portrait orientation stitch, resulting in a 46 mp picture. 1/100, f/11, ISO 100. I'm tending to favour the 5D for panoramics as it keeps the overall file size manageable and the detail is still superb.
I really like the B&W version. Well done, Sporgon. :)

danski0224

EOS 6D MK II
Apr 24, 2011
Mikehit said:
Nice one Danski.
For some reason the plane trees on the lake edge give it a feel of a bonsai model landscape.
Thanks.

Oddly enough, it is a Japanese garden area.

:)

Sporgon

Click said:
Sporgon said:
I really like the B&W version. Well done, Sporgon. :)
Many thanks. I can tinker with a B&W image for hours. The trick seems to be knowing when to stop !

cid

"light is defining shape"
Nov 27, 2012
500px.com
one monochrome "selfie" created in Passo Giau, Italy using the wireless remote, I hope you like it ;)

rpt

EOS 5D MK IV
Mar 7, 2012
India
cid said:
one monochrome "selfie" created in Passo Giau, Italy using the wireless remote, I hope you like it ;)
Lovely! Well done.

How far were you from the camera?

cid

"light is defining shape"
Nov 27, 2012
500px.com
rpt said:
cid said:
Lovely! Well done.

How far were you from the camera?
thank you, around 20 meters

Click said:
cid said:
Beautiful B&W. Well done, cid. :)
thank you

Vern

EOS 7D MK II
Jun 11, 2013
Matterhorn from Zermatt. 5DSR, HDR, ISO 100, 70-200 II @ 155mm & f8. I don't often do B&W, but this HDR seemed made for monochrome. I think some of the HDR artifacts that are challenging in color are less distracting in B&W. Happy to have any advice from experts on how to improve this rendering.

screenshot to show fine detail as well

Attachments

Nov 4, 2016
Not only the locations are perfectly beautiful, but the shot timing, angle, and creativity is also commendable. Loved it...

dpc

EOS 1D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
Vern said:
Matterhorn from Zermatt. 5DSR, HDR, ISO 100, 70-200 II @ 155mm & f8. I don't often do B&W, but this HDR seemed made for monochrome. I think some of the HDR artifacts that are challenging in color are less distracting in B&W. Happy to have any advice from experts on how to improve this rendering.

screenshot to show fine detail as well

Beautiful! Very well done. :)