Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
G

Gothmoth

Upvote 0
Gothmoth said:
DB said:
Well why hasn't someone from Canon Inc. denounced this new product rumour as fake.

as if canon has denounced any of the wrong 5D MK3 rumors that where posted here over the years. ::)

bollocks! ;D

The NikonRumors.com site has been 99.9% accurate on both the D800 and D600 -> perhaps because Nikon has a pipeline of new tech and wants to get their user base excited about upcoming developments, so they leak pertinent bits of info along the way.

Canon rumours that you state as being wrong were mostly opinions given by CR commentators with a limited vocabulary like your own, rather than official manufacturer leaks or from sources known to be close to Canon.

If Canon did have a 70D or 7D2 for PhotoKina next week, do you think they'd allow such speculation to run rife about a mythical new product, one that CR has posted from different sources, this time from a Japanese website that is dedicated to the latest camera equipment news - where the article states explicitly that the rumour emanated from inside Canon itself.

Most rumours transpire to be at least partly true, therefore, a Canon EOS 6D looks likely to be on the horizon (whatever the ultimate specs are) - that is NEWS. The talk that it will be FF is newsworthy too, because it fits nicely into the xD designated product line numbers i.e. 7D is Crop but 6D and above is Full-Frame.

Only a fool would now dismiss the idea that a 6D is on the way.

Upvote 0
K-amps said:
simonxu11 said:
Now digicame-info got two pictures of 6D
http://digicame-info.com/2012/09/eos-6d-20.html

That "6" looks so "genuine" ;)

It looks pretty good to me. If it's a fake (and I don't think it is), it's a good one, since it's styled like all newer Canon cameras (7d, 60d, 5d3), yet it's not an obvious case of just switching around a few numbers. It's certainly different from all current cameras.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
dadgummit said:
... Nikon seems to understand what the consumer wants better than Canon.

Do they? For the past several years, Canon has outsold Nikon in the dSLR market segment, and the gap has been widening, not narrowing. Will that trend change? Maybe...but there are no data yet, so any statement to that effect is bs at this point.

While you may be right that Nikon better understands what 'the consumer' (or perhaps you, anyway) wants to buy, reportedly Nikon's service is the pits - and that's something that matters in the long run.

Upvote 0
G

Gothmoth

DB said:
Only a fool would now dismiss the idea that a 6D is on the way.

well one thing has nothing to do with the other. ;)
is a 6D in the making.. yes i think so.
will it have the posted specs? ... i don´t think so (and hope).

i can leak a spec list myself. i only need someone to post it on a popular blog.

anyway fact is, afaik, canon officials have never denounced rumors.
or can you show us that they have?

Canon rumours that you state as being wrong were mostly opinions given by CR commentators with a limited vocabulary like your own, rather than official manufacturer leaks or from sources known to be close to Canon

yeah well.. you don´t know where this rumors comes from.

und zu meinem vokabular.. ja weil die meisten amis und brits zu doof sind eine zweite sprache zu lernen... muss ja alle welt englisch schreiben. 8)

Upvote 0
DB said:
I agree with most who think this is bogus, and yeah, maybe it's intentionally bogus (leak misinformation to drive both mk2 and mk3 sales), then announce a body that is more on par. Remember --- with spec leaks like this ---whose looking at them? Is it the rebel owner, or is it the more serious folk? Most of the typical consumers won't follow the rumors, they won't even notice the announcement - they will only care when its on the shelf at the local best buy. The more serious users are the ones that keep track of the rumors and plan their purchases based on releases (those that have hit the edge of the capabilities of the current equipment). Intentional misinformation! Leak it out, then all those on APC considering FF may become so disgusted that they won't wait, they will either snag a 5d2 (canon wants those off their hands), or, bite the bullet and grab a mk3.

this rumor kind of has to be either ---just flat out false and spread by someone that enjoys watching forums get 10+ page posts, Mis-information to freak people out and get them to buy mk2's or mkiii's, or on the other side, some nikon proxy leaked this as a way to get more people to notice the d600, or, these are the specs for a canon camera, just not the 6d.

intentional or not, these specs seem bogus. Or, maybe canon has a few tricks up their sleeve ---maybe they intend on releasing a few FF bodies -- and this spec list is actually for a 70d? Save the 22mp sensor and the 21-45 point AF system for the actual 6d? I don't know. What I do know is that if this is real, I'd hate to be part of canon's marketing team trying to find a way to hype this camera, cause as the rumor stands, it kind of sucks.

Agree with your point about Rebel owner as being likely target for such a camera, but what's bogus about Canon Inc. leaking a story about proposed specs + price? Do you not think that Canon's marketing people are reading this blog today? You can bet they are. You and everyone else has said today that $1500 is an okay price for such a camera body, but Canon has high-balled a $1900 speculative price. Now they can come in at $1650 or $1750 with such a camera at launch, discontinue the 5D2, and watch their sales go through the roof as every Rebel enthusiast with some decent EF lenses (let's face it many of them have L glass) would bite at a FF DSLR body that cost just a couple of hundred bucks more than the current 7D.

The serious camera owners, will wait for a 7D2 for $2250 or $2500 or they'll wait for the 5D3 price to fall to $2750 and then they'll get one of those new or used.

I take that even a step further..with these specs the only thing not 'rebel' about this is that its FF (ok, there is the weather sealing claim). Other than that, there is nothing to this spec sheet that inspires anything. This is at most a $1500 body as it doesn't even seem to live up to 7d standards (AF, fps, sd cards only???) This sounds a lot more like an XXd body than an Xd body. If they were using the 22mp 5dmk3 sensor, in a smaller body with limited AF (in servor mode, they could get the servo mode options and that alone would differentiate it from the mk3), less fps (4.5 is fine). To hit that sweet spot between $1500-2000 this camera has to at least be at 7d standards, reality is is should be just as good as the mk2 with a better AF (from 9 to 11 and still only sensitive at the center is not better..sounds like the same damn thing!!!!).

I don't think this is real, can't be, won't be...not gonna happen!!!!!

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
No 17 cross type AF points? Prepare for failure canon.

Maybe that's a mistranslation and it's one sub-f2.8 sensitive cross like on the 60d and then 16 normal cross? If not is has to be a joke.

Zlatko said:
Anyway, if the rumor is true, then it is a new sensor. Canon already makes excellent sensors, so how often do they need to "rework" their sensors?

I guess this sensor features af phase detect pixels like on the 650d. And 20mp makes sense for Canon marketing - less than 5d2 and 5d3, and I guess you'll only get cps silver for this body in Europe unlike the "pro" 5d versions.

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
So what would everyone think if this was the 70D instead of a 6d? Less flaming? More?

I think the true spec of the AF (how many cross type) needs to be confirmed, the presenc of AFMA, and the actual body construction and designation (how many x's before the D). 11 pages of flames, woes, and system jumping could all be for naught!

-Brian

Upvote 0
@ Chuck Alaimo

I hear what you're saying, it does not gel with me either, new features that all appear to be compromised or held back in some way and your analogy that it would look like a FF Rebel is certainly not lost on most people here, but look at the 5D3 vs D800 specification talk prior to official launch -> nobody had the 5D mk III sensor pegged at anything under 27MP, plus the price talk was centered around $2900 and not 20% above that level (the actual outcome), yet it happened anyway.

Personally I hope this camera with this spec list does not materialize, but try and look at it from Canon's perspective:-

(1) they cannot launch a budget FF camera that has a higher MP count than the current 5D3 (the 1DX is different as this is all about sports/action/paparazzi etc.) so that really limits the megapixel count of the sensor

(2) Canon are prepared to use the new DIGIC5+ processor, big ISO range (100 to 25,600), reasonable fps etc.

(3) Keeping the shutter speed and flash sync rate similar to what Rebel users are already used to as well as allowing them to re-use their existing SD memory cards

(4) an adequate AF system that is better than the standard 9-point system that most crop sensor camera users are presently used to

(5) pricing it a couple of hundred bucks more than the current 7D (or old 5D2), because it will be a new FF sensor camera

Most of us here on this forum are looking either backwards (from a 1D, 5D or even 7D perspective) or forwards from a Rebel or xxD viewpoint (tainted by the aspiration or desire to one-day own a FF body with all of the extra features found in the xD series), whereas Canon are just ticking boxes, plus prioritizing those boxes as they see fit (from a marketing perspective as they wish to sell the optimal quantity) to satisfy the masses.

Upvote 0
cpw has an image of the 6D.

6d-kit.png

Upvote 0
Gothmoth said:
daniel_charms said:
It looks pretty good to me. If it's a fake (and I don't think it is),

how is you photoshop experience?

;)

Don't have any, and my track record of spotting fakes hasn't been quite spotless, either (The first leaked images of the Nikon d800 seemed totally fake to me, yet turned out to be real). But the reason why I think it's not a fake is because there's so many little things that set it apart from other EOS cameras of similar size: there's no pop-up flash and no white spot on the lens mount, so it doesn't look like a 60d or a 7d; it's smaller than a 5d and the large dof preview button is missing; the rubber flaps on the side don't match any existing camera. So if it is a photoshop job, it's a clever one, since there's so many differences from other cameras, yet there's no obvious signs of a cut-and-paste job.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.