Canon PowerShot SX70 HS officially announced

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon PowerShot SX70 HS has been officially announced by Canon USA.
Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Specifications:
With its incredible 65x Optical Zoom, image stabilization of up to 5 stops and 4K video recording, the PowerShot SX70 HS camera has you covered. From fun-filled family moments to once-in-a-lifetime travels and adventures, capture everything including faraway sights, ultra-wide vistas and spectacular, frame-filling, close-up macro shots like never before with a PowerShot SX-series camera. A bright and detailed electronic viewfinder combined with intuitive controls enable you to capture incredible moments as the opportunity presents itself.
Preorder the Canon PowerShot SX70 HS $549

Powerful 65x Optical Zoom.
20.3 Megapixel* CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor.
4K Video and 4K Time-lapse Movie.
Built-in...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Maybe the 4th downsizing in my (photography part of) life :)

phase 1: heavy cams like Canon EF, F1 & 20D, 40D
(20...45 years old)
phase 2 (CURRENT): plasticky but really good 600D
200D M50 maybe EOS R
(45 ... 60 yr)
phase 3: G series
(60 ... 70 yr hopefully)
phase 4: Those one for all solutions with very
acceptable IQ
(70 yr ... EndOfLife)

Elon Musk stated during the presentation of the first private moon passenger that we do not speak enough about having fun - late but now the fun with photographing is increasing with lighter simpler cameras like M50 at the moment!

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
Yes. I found more interesting of being able to use easily different cameras in different situations - as I see fit - with a common UI than being obsessed by spec sheet bullet while comparing them to other cameras...

Never discount the utility of 'seamlessly' being able to go (i.e. USE) from one camera model to another. If one's photographic equipment and shooting style warrants different models, how beneficial is it to be able to go from the Pro version to a small, compact, "travel/hiking" model and not have to fumble around learning it...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0