Canon officially announces the Canon PowerShot ZOOM

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 14, 2020 –– Hiking, birdwatching and nature gazing, consumers are embracing the beauty of the outdoors this season and beyond. With this in mind, it is important to have a convenient and intuitive imaging tool to explore the world. Developed to showcase an impressive telephoto reach in a user-friendly, compact design, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today launches the PowerShot ZOOM, the company’s first telephoto monocular.
Preorder the Canon PowerShot ZOOM $299
The lightweight telephoto monocular sports 100mm, 400mm and 800mm telephoto viewing capability1 with a one-touch switch, and is equipped with impressive instant zoom capability to help users view distant subjects. Additionally, the monocular can capture images and videos to a micro SD card, and by pairing it with a compatible smart device2 and the Canon Camera Connect app3, these files can easily be downloaded. This...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Chaitanya

EOS 5D Mark IV
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
That is certainly very unique little product can see good use for this monocular that can take photos.

Reactions: 4 users

Bambel

EOS M50
Jun 12, 2018
Well.. 6 month ago i would have said that this is a very nice gadget to be used in a football stadium. But it seems that i have no other use for something like that for .. quite some time :(

Reactions: 2 users

marathonman

EOS 90D
CR Pro
Aug 29, 2016
Waiting for the inevitable "Can't believe it doesn't have dual card slots" posts....

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Peter in Boulder

EOS 90D & Fuji X-E3
Aug 21, 2019
I've been watching for an alternative to heavy and expensive image stabilized binoculars for a trip to Costa Rica that I hope to reschedule some day. This could be it.

Reactions: 1 users

StandardLumen

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 20, 2020
I love the concept of this product, and I want one, but I think I'm going to wait for reviews to see if the quality is good enough to make it more than just a novelty item.

Reactions: 2 users

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
Hope it arrives by Christmas. Should be a nice stocking stuffer. Unless I keep it for myself :)

snappy604

EOS RP
CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
I've been watching for an alternative to heavy and expensive image stabilized binoculars for a trip to Costa Rica that I hope to reschedule some day. This could be it.
pretty much nails the use case scenario I could think of for it. Curious on image quality.

Hector1970

EOS R
CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
I think it will sell well. I can see casual use at sports. It has potential for misuse which could help sales.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

gbc

EOS M6 Mark II
Oct 19, 2018
Well.. 6 month ago i would have said that this is a very nice gadget to be used in a football stadium. But it seems that i have no other use for something like that for .. quite some time :(
Hey, it's even better for standing OUTSIDE a football stadium and peering inside through the gates during a game!