DIY, How to take the flowers Picture, in the Bright sun light

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
surapon said:
wsmith96 said:
Awesome tutorial Mr. Surapon! Thanks for all of your tips and tricks you have provided. I'll have to try this out!

Best regards.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear wsmith96.
Yes, Please Try this Method of use High speed shutter with Flashes, and not the flash light hit the back ground. Yes, If you have only one flash, You can made the Snoot to get the narrow beam to the flower only.
Have FUN and get great creative Macro Picture that you love.
Surapon.
Dear Surapon, that's a great idea! ... I have a large Rouge flash bender which can be used as a snoot but I never thought of using it for flower photography ... thanks for sharing this cool tip. I'm going to buy some flowers tomorrow and try it out. Thanks once again and have a great weekend sir.

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Rienzphotoz said:
surapon said:
wsmith96 said:
Awesome tutorial Mr. Surapon! Thanks for all of your tips and tricks you have provided. I'll have to try this out!

Best regards.

You are welcome, Sir, Dear wsmith96.
Yes, Please Try this Method of use High speed shutter with Flashes, and not the flash light hit the back ground. Yes, If you have only one flash, You can made the Snoot to get the narrow beam to the flower only.
Have FUN and get great creative Macro Picture that you love.
Surapon.
Dear Surapon, that's a great idea! ... I have a large Rouge flash bender which can be used as a snoot but I never thought of using it for flower photography ... thanks for sharing this cool tip. I'm going to buy some flowers tomorrow and try it out. Thanks once again and have a great weekend sir.

Thankssss, Dear mR. Rienzphotoz.
Yes, Please try, and you will love this technique ---Not Only The Flower, But Portrait Photos too, If you can have the Model to take the Photos, Just put your flash with Rouge Flash Blender at Her or His Side of Face, And Bingo ( With SS - 1/250 Sec.) and shoot at shade area = Great Dark Background for the Main Subject.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Well. I've always found that ditching the equipment and playing with the light always gets me the best results. Light, maybe reflector, lens and camera.

Attachments

• Clover and the Sun.jpg
    Clover and the Sun.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 734
  • CRW_6772.jpg
    CRW_6772.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 683
  • Dragon Fly 3.jpg
    Dragon Fly 3.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 680
  • Grasshopper in the Sun.jpg
    Grasshopper in the Sun.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 701
Upvote 0
Cinto said:
Actually after taking a look, it seems you've blown the highlights by having your flash too close? and tried to recover with a pink overlay? Maybe not highlights cause its in a weird place? You definitely did something dirty though.

Having a bad day Cinto?

I looked at your photos and thought "wow, these are great", and then you ruined it all for me by following up with consecutive disrespectful criticisms about Surapon's photos and technique.

Not cool.

Upvote 0
surapon said:
Dear Friends
Yes, If I shoot the beautiful flower in the bright sun light, but want the Super dark or Black Back ground= What should I do ?.
Yes Very easy---Use Flashes and bright support lights for both sides of the flower( Spot Lights at the flower only), Shoot with High speed shutter, And Carry the Black umbrella to shade the larges back ground= Yes, The Back ground that in the shade of umbrella and do not get the light from flashes , will be black back ground from the Effected of high speed shutter.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Surapon...thanks so much for taking your time to share this great idea with us!

Also, I just have to say that it is such a delight to follow your posts and commentary. Your enthusiasm, passion, and positivity are very refreshing, and a great addition to this forum. IMO.

Thanks again,
North

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
Northstar said:
surapon said:
Dear Friends
Yes, If I shoot the beautiful flower in the bright sun light, but want the Super dark or Black Back ground= What should I do ?.
Yes Very easy---Use Flashes and bright support lights for both sides of the flower( Spot Lights at the flower only), Shoot with High speed shutter, And Carry the Black umbrella to shade the larges back ground= Yes, The Back ground that in the shade of umbrella and do not get the light from flashes , will be black back ground from the Effected of high speed shutter.
Enjoy.
Surapon

Surapon...thanks so much for taking your time to share this great idea with us!

Also, I just have to say that it is such a delight to follow your posts and commentary. Your enthusiasm, passion, and positivity are very refreshing, and a great addition to this forum. IMO.

Thanks again,
North

+ 100 Hear Hear

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
TexPhoto said:
Great tutorial. I will definitely use this. I think I will substitute a scrim for the umbrella as I prefer a little more light on the background, but that is just my taste.

THANKS, Dear TexPhoto.
You are Right, The Background are get difference Look as the Photographer's Prefer. In this case, Using Umbrella, We can reduce the shutter speed down to 1/ 125 Sec., And We can see morte of Back Ground details.
Have a great weekend.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Cinto said:
Well. I've always found that ditching the equipment and playing with the light always gets me the best results. Light, maybe reflector, lens and camera.

WOw, Wow, Wow, Dear Cinto.
I love your Artistic Macro Photography, In Your Case, You Have a great Thinking before You Press the shutter, and get the great result of the Light to Support the Main Subject as the Abstract Arts work by Shade and shadow display.
Yes, I have learn from you to day.
Thanks.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Cinto said:
Ps. You should check your red channels on your histogram they look really
blown out. or maybe you've just pushed everything to red and your whites are way off? either way the pink in the rose doesn't look good.

Thanks you, Sir Dear Cinto.
Thanks for your Great Comments, Next time, I Will check The Red Channels after Take the shot of Red Rose, If Too much, I can Adjust the + 0.33 Over Exposure More, to get less red color and more Pink Colors..
Yes, I have learn some thing new from you to day----Past many years ( Since 1999--My First DSLR), After I took the Photo = As IS, I never check my Photos details/ Infor. in the LCD, And Hope that I can get 10-15 % of Good Photos , after I look in the Computer Screen.
Thanks again, Have a great Weekend, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
sagittariansrock said:
BL said:
Surapon!

I love your behind-the-scenes approach to this stuff haha

Anyone else come here just for the awesome hand drawn illustrations? :D

I love the fact that the ME is actually typed ;D

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear sagittariansrock.
YES " ME " big typing Letter, for main IDEA/ Main Point of ME = The Crazy Old man----Ha, Ha, Ha
Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a great weekend, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
surapon said:
Yes, Please try, and you will love this technique ---Not Only The Flower, But Portrait Photos too, If you can have the Model to take the Photos, Just put your flash with Rouge Flash Blender at Her or His Side of Face, And Bingo ( With SS - 1/250 Sec.) and shoot at shade area = Great Dark Background for the Main Subject.
Enjoy.
Surapon
Dear Surapon,
I wish I can take your advice and photograph some models here using your tips ... but the models here are totally covered up, like the photos below ;D ;D ;D ... any suggestions on how to photograph them?

Attachments

• Model.jpg
    Model.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 579
  • Model in Abaya.jpg
    Model in Abaya.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3,941
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Cinto said:
Actually after taking a look, it seems you've blown the highlights by having your flash too close? and tried to recover with a pink overlay? Maybe not highlights cause its in a weird place? You definitely did something dirty though.

Yes, Sir, You are Right on the Target, Dear Friend Mr. Cinto.
I try to put Flash with Snoot too close to the Red Rose, That my way to cut the unwant Flash light to the back ground and Create the Black or super dark Back ground( Yes I use E-TTL control my Flash, and I trust my Canon too much---Ha, Ha, Ha )----Yes, The Result of The too close Flash to the Rose, I blown out the highlight.
No, I do very little Post Processing by Photoshop, Because of My Low level knowledge of High Tech Photoshop---Yes, Next Semester, I will go back to learn Photoshop in my Local Technical Colledge.
Thank you, Sir for Great Comments that I will learn to use in next Photography Hobby.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0