Fanfare around the 1D X II, what about the 5D MKIV and 6D II

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
jeffa4444 said:
A lot of news / speculation lately around the 1D X II, anything more on the 5D MKIV and 6D MKII these cameras will sell in far higher numbers & both are getting on for 4 years old.

Just that they ARE coming ... at some point. 5D4 this year for nearly certain.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
For those of us without $6000+ to spend on a new camera, the 1DX2 might as well never exist.... but it is fun to speculate on it.....

Now the 6D2.... there's a camera that has a good possibility of making me open up my wallet.... I hope that once the noise dies down that we get to see what is happening with affordable FF cameras...... couple that with a 400F5.6 II and I will be doing my happy dance.....

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
jeffa4444 said:
A lot of news / speculation lately around the 1D X II, anything more on the 5D MKIV and 6D MKII these cameras will sell in far higher numbers & both are getting on for 4 years old.

The 1DX MkII is the one that there is information about, and has an earlier expected announcement date than the 5D MkIV and the 6D MkII. Don't worry, the moment there is credible information about 5D MKIV and 6D MKII you'll read about it right here at CR.

Among a raft of overt and subtle criteria, Canon manage announcement dates for maximum marketing buzz for the longest period, strategic balance against new announcements/releases from Nikon and perceived seasonal hot points. 2016 is shaping up as a vintage year for major announcements so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

-pw

Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2013
Instinctively I want to get a 6D2, an affordable and well rounded Full Frame body, but really if the 80D gets higher resolution with good AF and a nice compact body, that's more up my alley. I want Full Frame, but not with all the extra bulk.

And then we have the High End EOS-M to throw a monkey wrench in things. What kind of features are they actually willing to put on a mirrorless body?

Upvote 0