How to stabilize camera with old hands

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Dear Friends.
Wow I will be the first one in this post. Yes, Because of my old age, My hands and my legs are not strong as the young man 40 years ago, I must use some support equipmen, when/ where that I can not use Tripods or monopod.
Enjoy
Surapon

Attachments

• CM1.jpg
    CM1.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 690
  • CM2.jpg
    CM2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 650
  • CM3.jpg
    CM3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 624
  • CM4.jpg
    CM4.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 673

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Dear Friends.
Wow I will be the first one in this post. Yes, Because of my old age, My hands and my legs are not strong as the young man 40 years ago, I must use some support equipmen, when/ where that I can not use Tripods or monopod.
Enjoy
Surapon

PS, The Second Photo is by ---No, Not Dirty Old man, But Sexy Old man---Ha, Ha, Ha

Attachments

• CM5.jpg
    CM5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 625
  • CM6.jpg
    CM6.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
You look like a youngster to me. Its getting harder and harder each year to hold a heavy lens. I finally gave up and sold my 600mm f/4, It was getting too heavy to pack into my car, muchless to hold.
I doubt if I could hold a 300mm f/2.8. The only one I've owned was a Nikon, and it was a older and heavier one, a monster.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Mt Spokane Photography said:
You look like a youngster to me. Its getting harder and harder each year to hold a heavy lens. I finally gave up and sold my 600mm f/4, It was getting too heavy to pack into my car, muchless to hold.
I doubt if I could hold a 300mm f/2.8. The only one I've owned was a Nikon, and it was a older and heavier one, a monster.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear Teacher , Mr. Mt Spokane
You make my day, Now, I am 65 Years old, But Young at heart. Yes, The Monster 600mm is 13 Pounds, Very difficult to handle, with out Tripods or monopod.
That why, I still love my 100-400, and 70-200.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Upvote 0
surapon said:
Dear Friends.
Enjoy
Surapon

Wouldn't you think this thing is harder to use than a monopod? Wouldn't it take up too much room in your bag?

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
sunnyVan said:
surapon said:
Dear Friends.
Enjoy
Surapon

Wouldn't you think this thing is harder to use than a monopod? Wouldn't it take up too much room in your bag?

Dear my friend, sunnyVan.
No, On the air trip, I put all equipment, Heavy weight but Cheap in to my checked Baggage, I love this one, Because both the camera and the supporter on my neck and my hand all the times---Ready in a second to shoot candid Photos far away, Yes, Monopod is Lighter, But , will take 1 minutes to set up, from the storage , to total expansion, Plus Some place like in the museum, both USA and Greece, Plus on the Side walk of the public street in the big city---- No Tripods or Monopod allow( for Public Sefety).
Nice to talk to you, Good night.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Wow, Wow, Wow----Thankssss, Dear Candc, my friend , That are the best technique/ great thinking of this man, who is a great observe and adapt the Mother nature/ Chicken , to use as the best and cheap stability support equipment.
Plus get me a big laugh too.
Good night.
Surapon

Upvote 0
surapon said:
Wow, Wow, Wow----Thankssss, Dear Candc, my friend , That are the best technique/ great thinking of this man, who is a great observe and adapt the Mother nature/ Chicken , to use as the best and cheap stability support equipment.
Plus get me a big laugh too.
Good night.
Surapon

glad you got a kick out of that clip i love it, nice escalator shot by the way. baby's got back! its blocking out the sun like a lunar eclipse!

Upvote 0