Is there any way to sell stuff on this site?

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
A couple of years back, we experimented with a for sale forum, but, only a few users listed stuff. The moderators did not want the extra work trying to keep scammers off the forum, there was no way for buyers to five feedback on the items they bought, so it went away.

Even though virtually all of our members are honest, they cannout know about buyers who would cheat them, or sellers who signup just to scam someone.

I can recommend the Fred Miranda site to sell your photo items. Fred has customized his forum software to handle it better. He has a nominal fee, its well worth it. Even so, you see a lot of over priced junk being hawked. Trying to sell used for more than the CRW street price for a new item is not that smart.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Jopa said:
I'd like to sell a few lenses I don't use anymore, wondering this can be done on the forum? (mostly a question to the admins). I hate eBay - they rip of sellers :)

A buy & sell has always scared me. I second the Fred Miranda suggestion. He has invested a lot in making it a safe and reliable platform.

Upvote 0