Lightroom 7 rumor

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Slightly off topic....

But, while I've said I'm not much on using the "web" features of LR/PS.....I would think that if you were using the newer iPad Pro....that with its high rez screen...if you were culling and doing some work mobile, it should prove to be good enough for that, no?

I've actually been pretty blown away on the image quality of the newer iPad Pro...I got the 10.5 version and the image it presents it pretty amazing, IMHO.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
cayenne said:
Slightly off topic....

But, while I've said I'm not much on using the "web" features of LR/PS.....I would think that if you were using the newer iPad Pro....that with its high rez screen...if you were culling and doing some work mobile, it should prove to be good enough for that, no?

I've actually been pretty blown away on the image quality of the newer iPad Pro...I got the 10.5 version and the image it presents it pretty amazing, IMHO.

That's exactly what I said pages ago, and got ridiculed for it by you and others! I do use the 12" iPad Pro and use LR Mobile for culling, keyboarding etc, it is an amazing time saver for me and I am sure many others. Image quality on the iPad is, also as I said pages ago, very high and probably higher than most people will see on their desktops or devices.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
privatebydesign said:
cayenne said:
Slightly off topic....

That's exactly what I said pages ago, and got ridiculed for it by you and others! I do use the 12" iPad Pro and use LR Mobile for culling, keyboarding etc, it is an amazing time saver for me and I am sure many others. Image quality on the iPad is, also as I said pages ago, very high and probably higher than most people will see on their desktops or devices.

Hi Private....

I wasn't one of those ridiculing you for using the iPad, I was actually posting this to take your side on this, that is you had the newer, higher end iPad Pros...it should prove valuable for culling due to its good resolution.
:)

My previous posts were merely saying I didn't find much value in web versions of apps like LR, etc for my main work on stuff.

HTH,

cayenne

Upvote 0
No Lightroom 7 perpetual offering

"Lightroom 6 is the last stand-alone version of Lightroom that can be purchased outside of a Creative Cloud membership. There will not be a Lightroom 7 perpetual offering. Lightroom 6 will remain for sale for an undetermined amount of time, but will no longer be updated with camera support or bug fixes after the end of 2017. Lightroom 6.13 with support for the Nikon D850 will be released on October 26th, 2017"

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Canon users can continue using whichever version of lightroom or photoshop they now use. DPP will bulk convert a entire directory of raw images or just a single image to a tiff file (CR2 files are just compressed tiff files with some additional flags for camera settings). As far as I am aware, all versions of LR & PS can use tiff files, clear back into the 1990's for PS.

There is no loss of quality or ability to edit the files.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Canon users can continue using whichever version of lightroom or photoshop they now use. DPP will bulk convert a entire directory of raw images or just a single image to a tiff file (CR2 files are just compressed tiff files with some additional flags for camera settings). As far as I am aware, all versions of LR & PS can use tiff files, clear back into the 1990's for PS.

There is no loss of quality or ability to edit the files.

yes, BUT ... i would need some of those future 40TB disks to do that. TIFF is just a freaking unwieldy file format. ;-)

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
snoke said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Canon users can continue using whichever version of lightroom or photoshop they now use.

IFF never buy new camera/lens OR don't care profile.

Adobe, unlike any other software company I know of, provide free fully supported programs to negate buying new software and make your own. Indeed I find my profiles to be vastly more accurate than Adobe's.

Upvote 0