LP-E6N Bought in ebay

Hi there!

Yesterday I received a couple of LP-E6N Batteries and noticed something wasn't right. They charged ok, the camera gives battery info and everything seems fine. But externally... I'm leaving a couple of pictures, one of the is the original that came with my camera and the other is one that I received.

What do you think? I'm not telling yet which one is since I don't want to bias the answers in any way.

Attachments

• IMG_3281.jpg
    IMG_3281.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3282.jpg
    IMG_3282.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 162
Jul 21, 2010
ehouli said:
LP-E6N Bought in ebay

Bet you got a pretty good price, too.

red-flag.png

Buy only from a Canon authorized vendor.

AlanF said:
B is a fake.

+1

They couldn't even manage to get the arrowhead straight.

Upvote 0
ajfotofilmagem said:
The battery "B" presents imperfections in the clipping of the label.
The embossed inscription looks coarse, and the surface of the plastic has curvatures, where they would be straight lines.
"Made in Japan" seems strange to me, since Canon camera batteries have been made in China for more than a decade.

Actually it was not such a bargain, that's why I bought them. I reported the counterfeit items to ebay but the seller emailed me asking me to remove the negative qualification and he would grant me the return.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
ehouli said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
The battery "B" presents imperfections in the clipping of the label.
The embossed inscription looks coarse, and the surface of the plastic has curvatures, where they would be straight lines.
"Made in Japan" seems strange to me, since Canon camera batteries have been made in China for more than a decade.

Actually it was not such a bargain, that's why I bought them. I reported the counterfeit items to ebay but the seller emailed me asking me to remove the negative qualification and he would grant me the return.

Use a credit card when buying items like this, charge back the seller. He will not only pay the charge back, but will be fined for the chargeback. You can contact Canon about it. Don't mail it to them, its unsafe.

Batteries on ebay seem to be almost 100% fakes unless its a authorized dealer. Ebay can't do anything unless you provide proof or you are the copyright holder and registered as such. The reason they can't remove a seller of fakes is that there is no proof. You are not a expert who could testify in court.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ehouli.
My bet would be on B being the fake, the moulded in Canon lettering has flaws, a lump on the C, the tail where it joins the 'a' looks parallel where the genuine is tapered to a delicate point, the n appears to have a lump and the overall definition in the lettering seems poor, battery B seems to perhaps be uneven on the top surface, but that could equally be shadow, the label appears to have a jagged edge along the bottom, plus the date on battery A is 2015 and battery B is 2017 ;D plus made in Japan? ???

Edit.
I like to buy cheaper batteries that don't purport to be anything other than cheap knockoffs using their own branding and have nothing to imply anything to do with canon.

Cheers, Graham.
Edit for spelling error.

ehouli said:
Hi there!

Yesterday I received a couple of LP-E6N Batteries and noticed something wasn't right. They charged ok, the camera gives battery info and everything seems fine. But externally... I'm leaving a couple of pictures, one of the is the original that came with my camera and the other is one that I received.

What do you think? I'm not telling yet which one is since I don't want to bias the answers in any way.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
ehouli said:
LP-E6N Bought in ebay

Bet you got a pretty good price, too.

red-flag.png

Buy only from a Canon authorized vendor.

AlanF said:
B is a fake.

+1

They couldn't even manage to get the arrowhead straight.

The Canon logo was the most screamingly obvious fake I had ever seen as it was so crude.

Upvote 0
Thank you everybody for you input, EBay told me by Twitter that when the seller is trying to push me to change the negative feedback for a positive before granting me the return they will step in as there is proof in the messages I already had. They just asked me to wait 3 business days and then they can step in. Depending on how this goes I might report this counterfeit product to Canon.

Valvebounce said:
Edit.
I like to by cheaper batteries that don't purport to be anything other than cheap knockoffs using their own branding and have nothing to imply anything to do with canon.

Cheers, Graham.

You're right if I chose to buy another brand that makes an equivalent, that's up to us, customers, to take the risks.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ehouli.
Could you please confirm what we are all pretty certain we know, is B the counterfeit battery?

Cheers, Graham.

ehouli said:
Thank you everybody for you input, EBay told me by Twitter that when the seller is trying to push me to change the negative feedback for a positive before granting me the return they will step in as there is proof in the messages I already had. They just asked me to wait 3 business days and then they can step in. Depending on how this goes I might report this counterfeit product to Canon.

Valvebounce said:
Edit.
I like to by cheaper batteries that don't purport to be anything other than cheap knockoffs using their own branding and have nothing to imply anything to do with canon.

Cheers, Graham.

You're right if I chose to buy another brand that makes an equivalent, that's up to us, customers, to take the risks.

Upvote 0