MY dog

cayenne

EOR R
Mar 28, 2012
OH, these are all great.

Its starting to make me think maybe I'm soon ready to get another dog.....

ken

Engineer, snapper of photos, player of banjos
Aug 8, 2016
Huntsville, AL
ahsanford said:
And this one is Ruthie, a 2.5y purebred lab who was slated to be a seeing eye dog but caught a nasty infection in the litter and washed out as a result. Does. not. stop. Mad, mad energy.

- A
Beautifully shot photos of beautiful family members. :thumbs_up:

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Appreciated, all!

I really struggle with getting exposure right with dark dogs for a number of reasons:

• I shoot with available light only and here in SoCal the light can be brutally glaring
  • Dark coat + bright surroundings can lead to some difficult exposures, distractingly contrasty images
  • Weird purplish fringing from shiny parts of their coats that I can't defeat in post -- and this can happen even with my nicer L lenses stopped down

So every decent shot feels like a 'one-shot HDR' affair with some criminally overzealous slider work in ACR. Tips appreciated -- and not just exposure goals. Framing and positioning tips are appreciated. I'm an ace with the treats and getting their attention, but I struggle with the light I choose to put those two buckaroos in.

- A

applecider

EOS 7D MK II
May 20, 2012
Portland Oregon, Cape Cod
Cayenne dog service for ai artificial insemination, more common than you might think. The services hormone timing, insemination sperm storage were about 2500$, well storage is about 100/yr.

It is easier to ship frozen semen especially if a plane trip is needed especially in hot no fly months, rather than shipping bitch.n

Cloning can be done, 50k more or less, So a whole camera and lenses system.

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Nice pictures ashanford; I like the humour in the last ones of each series - Olive wearing her scarf looking positively embarassed and Ruthie collapsed after running and playing all day ;)

My wife and I are expecting our household to be extended with a Toller pup by September, so be warned that this thread may be spammed from that time onwards ;D

Wiebe.
And we have the first pictures... We still need to wait another month but could visit the three week old pups :love:
Toller-1358.jpg

Wiebe.

Reactions: Labdoc and Click

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Do you have a name for this little fellow?

Last edited:

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Please let me introduce Sam :)
As of today we know which of the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever pups will join our household...
Toller-2924.jpg

Already grown quite a bit yet still a really endearing pup looking sooo seriously at the world...
Wiebe.

Reactions: CanonFanBoy