Aug 10, 2021
I've seen some images of people getting real close during the first eruption before I got there, but I'm not sure if I'd do it solo nor would I feel responsible getting myself in trouble and then needing rescue, as cool as it might be to get experience it and get shots up close haha.
Right, we should definitely research and think carefully before deciding to take such trips. At least we can see news photos

Upvote 0
Your solo trip around Iceland sounds like quite the adventure, despite the unpredictable weather and those wild Icelandic winds wreaking havoc on your gear! It's a shame you couldn't catch the full glory of the aurora, but hey, that just gives you a perfect reason to plan another trip, right?
Thanks for sharing your favorites from the journey! By the way, if you ever find yourself in need of some relaxation after braving the elements, consider checking out Los Altos Resort. They offer a tranquil retreat amidst stunning natural beauty – the perfect place to unwind and recharge after your Icelandic escapades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0