Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
Sporgon said:
Krob78 said:
Muttly Crew...

That's a great portrait !

The 7D tends to get knocked for it's IQ on this forum but some of the pictures that I have seen posted using this camera matched with a great lens have exhibited lovely quality
Thanks Sporgon! I agree! I love this portrait too and yes, it was taken with my 7D! I absolutely love my 7D, the 7D MK II will have to really be good to get me to let this one go!

From the beginning, images were nice with good lenses, L glass or some Ef-s lenses like the 17-55mm f/2.8... but as soon as I MFA'd my lenses individually, it took it to another whole level, really increasing my "love Factor" with my 7D...

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
cayenne said:
My little girl is starting to get a bit older...14yrs now, but she still can make for a good model.....

The first is what I call her "Mona Lisa" smile shot....

Second one was the one of the first shots I ever did after getting my first DSLR, the 5D3.

K

Question, do any of ya'll get these wonderful pet shots blown up for the wall for home art?

I got the sepia one blow up, on canvas for my Mom, and acrylic...both were about 24x36" I believe....

Also curious, think there is a market for making good $$$ on pet photos for wall art, like the people I see making big money for children and even wedding snaps. Seems the big money isn't for those as being CDs of images, but wall art, and albums....

Thinking maybe and somewhat untapped market might be high end pet shots?

C

Attachments

• Bailey_Profile_2012-05-17 (2).jpg
    Bailey_Profile_2012-05-17 (2).jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Bailey_Sepia_Standing_2012_07.jpg
    Bailey_Sepia_Standing_2012_07.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,587
Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
cayenne said:
cayenne said:
My little girl is starting to get a bit older...14yrs now, but she still can make for a good model.....

The first is what I call her "Mona Lisa" smile shot....

Second one was the one of the first shots I ever did after getting my first DSLR, the 5D3.

K

Question, do any of ya'll get these wonderful pet shots blown up for the wall for home art?

I got the sepia one blow up, on canvas for my Mom, and acrylic...both were about 24x36" I believe....

Also curious, think there is a market for making good $$$ on pet photos for wall art, like the people I see making big money for children and even wedding snaps. Seems the big money isn't for those as being CDs of images, but wall art, and albums....

Thinking maybe and somewhat untapped market might be high end pet shots?

C
I don't think it's an untapped market Cayenne! I think it's a good market, however will take a lot of marketing is my guess... I would have to charge what some people may consider too much money for an image of their pet. But for real pet "lovers", my thought is that they probably couldn't pay enough to have an image that would cause them to feel something everytime they looked at it and would keep their sweet puppy alive in their memory, long after they are gone... Those are the images that will sell to that market... they have to evoke emotion to the owner... ;)

Upvote 0