not only insects or flowers ...

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
gianluigi said:
The depth of field is so short that a lot of pictures have to be taken with a small change in the manual focus and then to be fused.

Looks nice, you should really use Magic Lantern Focus Stacking to automate this, and personally for shots like this @f8 (lens peak sharpness) and for 100% crop I have to take 10-20 stacked shots to assemble it w/o out of focus segments.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Marsu42 said:
gianluigi said:
The depth of field is so short that a lot of pictures have to be taken with a small change in the manual focus and then to be fused.

Looks nice, you should really use Magic Lantern Focus Stacking to automate this, and personally for shots like this @f8 (lens peak sharpness) and for 100% crop I have to take 10-20 stacked shots to assemble it w/o out of focus segments.

Another solution is Breeze DSLR Remote which allows scripting to run software to control increments for focus stacking, but your camera must be tethered to a computer.

That's a feature in Magic Lentern that seems useful to me, but I haven't used ML.

I've used combinezm to process stacks of images, but it hasn't been updated for many years so there may be something better.

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
Mt Spokane Photography said:
That's a feature in Magic Lentern that seems useful to me, but I haven't used ML.

The big disadvantag of the ml software solution (and manual focusing) in comparison to a macro sledge is that the former has to reconstruct data that isn't there since the size of the image changes when focusing - in some cases this will show, esp. when having a object in the foreground occluding the non-bokeh background. Magic Lantern works great for "simple" shots of a tilted plane like this watch.

Upvote 0