S120 Successor?

Oct 15, 2010
Cory said:
While we're at it what do you think of the X100S?
I think the X100s is a great camera - I have shot one recently and also the X-T1 and X-E2 - all of which I considered before getting my EOS-M/18-55 kit. The EOS-M suited me from a price and compatibility and IQ standpoint and really enjoy using it even though the AF is brutal at times.

I see the S120 in a different segment than the than most of the X-Series and the M too. The closest S120 contender would be the Sony RX100.III IMHO. I would be interested to see what Canon puts out as a successor to the S120...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2010
powershot2012 said:
Typically a new S series comes out every September/October.

Jamesy said:
I don't recall anything being announced to succeed the S120, have any of you heard anything of a looming release?

Thanks in advance

Perhaps Photokina then... Don't know if I would pick one up or not - really liking the EOS-M for most casual situations but it would be interesting to see how they evolve the line.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
The time between new models seems to be increasing. There is typically little difference other than a few features.

Canon has said that their high end point and shoot models are doing very well, particularly the super zooms. I expect to see more in the $500-$800 range.

Are you referring to the G1X line or the SX line?

Upvote 0