Samyang/Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC

Click said:
Very nice shot. Well done, K-amps.

Thanks Click: By the way do you know of Canon lens profile for this lens? I am currently using a Nikon D600 lens profile for Rokinon 14mm, it fixes some of the mustache distortion, then the remaining is a warp tool kind of job. Lovely little lens, but I would like to think someone has a canon or better profile so that LR can automatically apply it.

Upvote 0
My issue with this otherwise excellent lens is the distance scale. I like to try to set up infinity focus during light hours so that at night the lens can be set there for astrophotography. It never seems to be a the same and b repeatable from one night to the next and live view on stars can be tricky for sharp focus. I put a silver sharpie mark on the infinity focus during the day, some days that falls on the 7 ft mark and on others on the 10ft mark.

Upvote 0
applecider said:
My issue with this otherwise excellent lens is the distance scale. I like to try to set up infinity focus during light hours so that at night the lens can be set there for astrophotography. It never seems to be a the same and b repeatable from one night to the next and live view on stars can be tricky for sharp focus. I put a silver sharpie mark on the infinity focus during the day, some days that falls on the 7 ft mark and on others on the 10ft mark.

I look for a bright star and use live view to focus. Magnify your live view image to get it tack sharp. After it is set, use a small piece of gaffers tape to lock it down. You can use a higher ISO to see the stars better, then reset the ISO. If there are severe temperature extremes, check the focus on a regular basis.

Upvote 0