Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
What you are doing on Thanksgiving? Go out, shoot your bird and cook!
So, I went out - already few weeks there were reports for par of juvenile Snow Goose at the very west part of the Island - very rare visitors here!!!!. Low probability to find them - it's a coastal trail with hundreds of forks... At once, somewhere 200 yards right of me group of people (hikers like me) flushed two big, white from the distance birds!!! I got very frustrated - still flying in front of me but because of the size of the area it was very low probability to find them again! Just ~ 10 yards later there was a turn of the trail and I sow two big, white birds flying towards me!!!! I was rushing to pull out my camera - at least to get them in fly! Didn't succeed - they landed just ~ 15-20 meters/yards in front of me (Huh, tell me about luck!!!).
Tell me about a luck - again!
Not very good photos - very hot day and even at this distance (about 10-12 meters/yards) the turbulence of the air is "eating" the resolution...
P.S. Oh - right now I'm already cooking the defrosted duck (old tradition in the family - I cook the bird and it's always a duck - tastes better!).
I'm very happy - for 17 years here it's my first encounter of Snow Goose! New species in the collection!!!

DSC_4999_DxO.jpg
DSC_5007_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Joules

EOS RP
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Congratulations on 1000 pages of stunning bird images, great advice and brilliant humor from all the contributors here! It's been to long since I've shown something myself but coming back to this thread is always a delight and it's awesome to see the extend it has reached thanks to all the passion people pour into it! (y)

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Some large birds captured with the 5DSR + 100-400mm II + 1.4xTC on a single day in Northern Israel.
Glossy Ibis, White Pelican, Great Egret, Little Egret, Black Kite, and Black Stork (all 100% crops).
3Q7A0140-DxO_flying_glossy_ibis_vg.jpg
3Q7A0170-DxO_flying_white_pelican.jpg
3Q7A0224-DxO_flying_great_egret_vg.jpg
3Q7A0285-DxO_flying_little_egret.jpg
3Q7A0303-DxO_flying_black_kite.jpg
3Q7A0385-DxO_flying_black_stork_vg.jpg

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
And a few studies of Pied Kingfishers on the same day, which were rather small and not close. The last, from the 90D, is of a pair fishing at dusk. As with the others, I was just walking around with the camera as part of a non-photographic group.
3Q7A0445-DxO_flying_pied_kingfisher_vg.jpg
3Q7A0089-DxO_flying_pied_kingfisher_SH.jpg
3Q7A0093_DxO_flying_pied_kingfisher+fish.jpg
IMG_6748_flying_hovering_pied_kingfishers_at_dusk.jpg

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Still not?! Damn it... :ROFLMAO:!
Turn for somebody else - I tried and lost (not because I have no photos to post but there should be some fairness:cautious:). :D

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ISv.
I think the pages roll over based on number of posts not length of page, I think you need to get the post count up to 20 before the next page opens! :unsure: Only three more needed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Graham.

Last edited: