Show your Bird Portraits

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
I finally finished going through all my photos from the two weeks in Florida. Here are a few Burrowing Owls from Cape Coral. 7D mkii / EF 500 f4 / 1.4xiii

Jeremy
Very nice series Jeremy,
Third to fifth pictures trigger the imagination - several funny story ideas come to mind (what is he telling his audience, aloof and self-righteous ;))
W.

AaronT

EOS 80D
Jan 5, 2013
I finally finished going through all my photos from the two weeks in Florida. Here are a few Burrowing Owls from Cape Coral. 7D mkii / EF 500 f4 / 1.4xiii
Jeremy
Nice photos Jeremy! I don't know if it's tired or just has a lot to say. Maybe both! :geek:

DSP121

EOS 80D
Mar 7, 2018
India
Nice shot Alan. Usually the only raptors we have around where I live are Cooper's hawks, and they are quite shy. Yesterday I got a shot of Europe's infamous transplant to North America, the Starling. I got a look into the mouth and it was as disgusting as most of us find the rest of the bird. :oops: I am sure they have some redeeming quality, my wife and I just haven't found it yet. :)
Wowww..!!! So beautiful bird! I have never seen this bird! I love its colors! Thank you so much for sharing this photo! :)

AaronT

EOS 80D
Jan 5, 2013
Nice photo Alan. Add some snow, mud and a cold rain and that could have been shot in my neighbourhood. Also, I would need a green sandpiper . :geek:

Reactions: Jack Douglas

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
If you are ever silly enough to go to Ottawa, you can find them in several spots downtown.
When I was about 6, birds of Canada cards were contained in my mother's tea purchases and this one became imprinted in my brain; oh how I wanted to see it. Alas, our travels were not very far from home and I'm not sure any ever show up around Edmonton anyway.

I guess I could come to honour our PM and visit parliament and then secondarily go looking for ducks to shoot. Guess which would be the highlight of the trip.;)

Jack

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
When I was about 6, birds of Canada cards were contained in my mother's tea purchases and this one became imprinted in my brain; oh how I wanted to see it. Alas, our travels were not very far from home and I'm not sure any ever show up around Edmonton anyway.

I guess I could come to honour our PM and visit parliament and then secondarily go looking for ducks to shoot. Guess which would be the highlight of the trip.;)

Jack
Here are a few for you from near my place. The female is not quite as colourful as the male....

Last edited: