Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
While sitting in the mud, one of the Yellow Crowned Night Herons had a minor error in judgement on what would fit down the gullet. Of course this happened behind me but rather than risk spooking the heron, I decided backlit was the only way forward.

1DX MK II 600 f/4 II 1.4X III 1/320 : f/8 : ISO 1000
I think back lighting in this case is actually nicer!

Reactions: mikekeck and ERHP

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Alan, I bet you had a blast with the hummers given that you don't see them in your homeland. In due course I hope you'll comment on what were the highlights of your adventure and what you might do differently a second time around. I'd love to go there. Any safety issues that you might have been aware of?

Jack

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Alan, I bet you had a blast with the hummers given that you don't see them in your homeland. In due course I hope you'll comment on what were the highlights of your adventure and what you might do differently a second time around. I'd love to go there. Any safety issues that you might have been aware of?

Jack
Jack
We had a ball, and I was over the moon with the hummers as I had only ever got one or two on foreign trips in the past. I'll give an account soon, but here are a few more hummingbirds from our last two days, Female Woodstar, Giant Hummingbird, and a Shining Sunbeam, flying and perching.
2B4A3053-DxO_female_purple-throated_woodstar_flying+0.5.jpg
3Q7A8365-DxO_female_giant_hummingbird.jpg
3Q7A8387-DxO_shining_sunbeam_flying.jpg
3Q7A8439-DxO_shining_sunbeam.jpg