Show your Bird Portraits

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
MusoD said:
Hi All, first post to the forum here...

I'm really quite new to bird and wildlife photography, but just picked up the Sigma 150-600 Sport to have a dabble, and here's one from my first outing. Let me know your thoughts. Taken with a 5Diii.

Thanks all.

MusoD said:
Here's another one from the same walk.

Lovely pictures, MusoD.

Welcome to CR :)

Upvote 0
jprusa said:
CTJohn said:
Yellow Crowned Night Heron, Everglades.

7D, EF 100‑400mm f/4.5‑5.6L Is II USM
Nice shot, Black crowned Night Heron .
Thanks, you're right. I fixed it. The only night heron in the Everglades Birds of Florida field guide is the yellow crowned, but I see the difference.

Upvote 0
Click said:
MusoD said:

I'm really quite new to bird and wildlife photography, but just picked up the Sigma 150-600 Sport to have a dabble, and here's one from my first outing. Let me know your thoughts. Taken with a 5Diii.

Thanks all.

MusoD said:

Lovely pictures, MusoD.

Thank you. :)

Here's a couple more, lovely colours coming out not he Magpie.

Attachments

• Magpie small - 1.jpg
    Magpie small - 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 144
  • Finch small - 2.jpg
    Finch small - 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
MusoD said:
Click said:
MusoD said:

Thanks all.

MusoD said:

Lovely pictures, MusoD.

Looks like you're doing just fine!

Jack

Upvote 0
I don't shoot birds very often, but had a chance to go on an Eagle tour at Lake Camanche, CA.
I went on a boat with a dozen other folks and we cruised the lake for a few hours. It was a bit challenging shooting from the little boat, but got a few shots worth editing.
Canon 5D Mark IV / Canon 300mm f2.8 + 1.4 extender

Eagle Tour Lake Camanche 2017 Bald Eagle 1117 © Keith Breazeal by Keith Breazeal, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
MusoD said:
Click said:
MusoD said:

Thanks all.

MusoD said:

Lovely pictures, MusoD.

Looks like you're doing just fine!

Jack

Thanks Jack, it was a learning curve in patience, but I definitely enjoyed the challenge and will do more of it. Just need to find some interesting subjects now.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
While interesting subjects are hard to come by about all a person can do is try to get more interesting poses of the same old subjects. And when this happens it's surprising how it elevates one's appreciation for composition as opposed to just subject matter. And of course there is always the lighting that varies as well as background etc. Last winter I had a lot of fun capturing chickadees flying since they were plentiful and not much else was available. Never the less I still wish Eric and others would send me some new subjects, just make sure they wear down filled parkas! ;)

Jack

Upvote 0
KeithBreazeal said:
I don't shoot birds very often, but had a chance to go on an Eagle tour at Lake Camanche, CA.
I went on a boat with a dozen other folks and we cruised the lake for a few hours. It was a bit challenging shooting from the little boat, but got a few shots worth editing.
Canon 5D Mark IV / Canon 300mm f2.8 + 1.4 extender
Nice shot Keith, shooting from a boat can be a challenge.

Upvote 0