Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Very nice shots Pablo! Dynamic, colors and situation are all there (and these from low level shots are very interesting - did you get on your belly?).

With the naming it's not that good - Himantopus mexicanus is the scientific name of the Black-necked Stilt.
Himantopus himantopus is the scientific name of the Black-winged Stilt and it's the bird that you have on these beautiful photos... Off course this is not taking any bit from the attractiveness of your pictures!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Don Haines said:
Jack Douglas said:
Alan V nice. "The blue is in an area called the lores. It's part of the breeding plumage that attracts females." Now if I'd only known 50 years ago I'd would have tried blue eye shadow!

Jack

And may I suggest you bring chocolate instead of raw fish as part of your courting ritual.....

Hmmm... me thinks I didn't get what Jack is saying? If I'm right (this time) I would add few roses to the chocolate... If roses are not working (but the chocolate and even the raw fish do work ::)) than you are courting wrong one!

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Great pictures all around in this thread! Awesome birds lafuria and JuanMa! Also, those heron pictures are top nothc, kodakrome.

I wanted to get some pictures of larger birds and went through the local area to see what I might find. From the nearby forest I've got an acrobatic Great spotted woodpecker that just hopped around the leaves on some low hanging branches instead of pecking wood. From a borrow pit lake, I got what should be a Moorhen and some kind of white duck - Seeing it from a distance I thought it was an albino first. And then I alo finally managed to get a good picture of one of the Eurasian jays that visit the garden daily.

Edit: And they got huge again. Sorry, didn't mean to take up that much space

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    929.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
lion rock said:
Nice: pic and babies.
-r

jprusa said:
The Robin that nested on the back porch has 3 babies. She had 4 eggs hoping for another but space is getting tight and she had to move to the adjacent pot.:)
[/quote
Thanks lion rock

Jack Douglas said:
jprusa, V nice. Can you stand on a stool for a shot?

Jack
And have Mama take my head off , 70-200 was acceptable to her.

Upvote 0
Joules said:
Great pictures all around in this thread! Awesome birds lafuria and JuanMa! Also, those heron pictures are top nothc, kodakrome.

I wanted to get some pictures of larger birds and went through the local area to see what I might find. From the nearby forest I've got an acrobatic Great spotted woodpecker that just hopped around the leaves on some low hanging branches instead of pecking wood. From a borrow pit lake, I got what should be a Moorhen and some kind of white duck - Seeing it from a distance I thought it was an albino first. And then I alo finally managed to get a good picture of one of the Eurasian jays that visit the garden daily.

Edit: And they got huge again. Sorry, didn't mean to take up that much space
Nice Pictures Joules.

Upvote 0