Used 7D

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOTNIKON!

Long time reader, however my first time posting here.

I just wanted an opinion regarding a used 7D I was thinking of getting as a second body. The camera is 1.5 years old, has approx. 7200 actuations, comes with all original accessories, box etc. Also included is a brand new battery grip with box etc. At my local camera store I can get a new 7D (gst included) for $1440 and a new grip (gst also included) for $240 so new for the entire package would be about $1700. This person is selling this for $1400. Is it worth $1400 and not have warranty or should I just go for the 7D new for $1440 as the grip is not that important to me (but would be nice to have).

Thanks in advance

Mar 25, 2011
NOTNIKON! said:
Long time reader, however my first time posting here.

I just wanted an opinion regarding a used 7D I was thinking of getting as a second body. The camera is 1.5 years old, has approx. 7200 actuations, comes with all original accessories, box etc. Also included is a brand new battery grip with box etc. At my local camera store I can get a new 7D (gst included) for $1440 and a new grip (gst also included) for $240 so new for the entire package would be about $1700. This person is selling this for $1400. Is it worth $1400 and not have warranty or should I just go for the 7D new for $1440 as the grip is not that important to me (but would be nice to have).

Thanks in advance

Get the new and don't worry about the grip until you decide you need one. Otherwise, I'd offer about $1200 which is all he would net by selling on ebay.

Just one trip to Canon in the next Year will run you about $400 for a minor repair, so it could turn out to be a bad deal.

Upvote 0
D

dturano

Im going to sell mine to upgrade to the 5d3 i was planning on listing for $1200 on cl and would be happy with $1000. I also have a lightly used 17-55mm i got a few months ago, I was thinking of accepting $750 for that.

Was hoping around getting $2000 for both. I feel like I should have unloaded the 7d but with no solid lock on the 5d3 i knew it would be a gamble, i could get a better price but not have a camera for bit. The 17-55mm is a great lens and i think still holds value in the used market.

I think $1600 new for a 7d body is more realistic price in the us from a local or rep dealer. The ebay deal is great but what about shipping? I know they seller has a great rating I always get nervous about items direct from Asia. In theory its direct but I prefer they pallet it and ship it to the US and I pay a bit more :)

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Upvote 0
S

surfing_geek

wickidwombat said:
This is a much better bet
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canon-EOS-7D-DSLR-Body-Extra-LP-E6-Battery-7Gift-4HQ1-/300545751939?pt=AU_Digital_Cameras&hash=item45f9ec3b83
brand new good reliable seller
then get a grip later if you think you need it

I bought my 400D off these guys years ago. It was so quick and I've never had issue with it. The only problem I had was that I got charged an import tax by the courier company, which I didn't know was going to happen. Wasn't a huge amount of money, more an annoyance really.

I think they've grown up as a company since then so don't think you'll go too wrong with it.

Upvote 0
definitly would by the new one, as everyone says you have warranty and when you really need the battery grip than purchase, i allways look on geizhals.at (from austria) there you can see the cheapest bidder for a new tool, got my 7D and the 24-70 L from there at the end December 2011 where the cheapest price was 2200€ everywhere else this Bundle has cost about 2600-2700€ so it saved me a lot of money, you can also contact me if you found that this is cheaper than everywhere else;

With friendly Regards
Colin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.