Yongnuo YN-565, what's the delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
Some companies are overly optomistic about their ability to develop and produce a product. Sigma comes to mind.

Even Canon who has been conservative about doing things like that was burned after announcing the big whites and falling flat on their face. The earthquake only made a bad situation worse.

A lot of people think that you just think up a product, and next week they start delivery (Not referring to You), it does not work that way, there can be many thousands of hours devoted to making a new product work. There is also the patent minefield rto cross.

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Some companies are overly optomistic about their ability to develop and produce a product. Sigma comes to mind.

Even Canon who has been conservative about doing things like that was burned after announcing the big whites and falling flat on their face. The earthquake only made a bad situation worse.

1) ie every company i've ever worked for. Didn't stop the last one from installing stuff that wasn't ready (and not telling the customer it was half-finished). Glad i'm not there any more, i was Lead Engineer, Maintenance, so i'd have been the one to clean up their messes...

2) actually, i think the earthquake gave them a good excuse. They probably wouldn't have delivered the Big Whites and Fisheye Zoom until now, even without the earthquake, but now everyone's complaining less because they think the earthquake is more to blame than their (slow development and/or optimistic marketing).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.