Canon updates their product supply status

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon continues to deal with supply chain struggles, but there is some good news. It appears this official list from Canon Inc. is getting a little bit smaller, which likely bodes well for new products in 2023. For now, all of the new gear such as the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm

See full article...

JohnC

CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
I have a feeling these supply issues will always be a thing sadly. We won't be able to get the products we need. This is the one thing stopping me from upgrading my current camera.
-Tracy Burch
Jackson Hole wedding photographer
Nope, In our infinite wisdom we are going to correct it by reducing demand vs removing supply constraints.

Upvote 0
Wait, how could the demand for the R6II be higher than expected? The internet was pretty clear that it was just a petty, dissapointing, worthless, dead-on-arrival money-grab by Canon that was not worth a second look.

Could...no....Could....could the internet be wrong?

;)

Nah. Internet just has a habit of knocking down new products with the left hand to appear edgy, all while the right hand is pressing the "place order" button. Then once said product arrives left hand pronounces its the best product ever. The only time left hand continues to grumble is if it can't afford said product or right hand just bought the predecessor less than 6 months ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
I have a feeling these supply issues will always be a thing sadly. We won't be able to get the products we need. This is the one thing stopping me from upgrading my current camera.
-Tracy Burch
Jackson Hole wedding photographer
You say, "We won't be able to get the products we need."
Seriously? You will get what you need. You just have to wait longer.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
These supply chain issues drive me crazy. I have a lens hood from Canon on order for 5 months now (lucky nothing really important). It's sad that the world changed - we all got used to everything available instantly.

Andreas - freshphotography.com.au
I still have the hood for the 15-30 on order, JJC came to the rescue by beating Canon to market :)
I should cancel the order, I had forgotten about it during the vacation where I needed the hood.
Give JJC a try for hoods, I have been quite happy with the ones I have.

Upvote 0