1Dx mk2 B&H order status

I called this morning. Mine should be near the top because I ordered within an hour of release. The representative I spoke to said the cameras were due to arrive on May 6th and they would be sent out right after that. Given that the 6th is a Friday, I'm not expecting the camera to ship until the 9th due to Shabbat.

I would obviously prefer to receive my camera this week, but next week isn't the end of the world. :)

Upvote 0

emailfortom

Full time sports shooter
CR Pro
Mar 17, 2014
East Coast US
I called yesterday and received the same comment from the support representative who said that due to the fact that they were closed for the holiday the shipment of 1DX's will not be received until this coming Friday. Then I read a post here saying they contacted B&H this afternoon and that the shipment was in...and their camera was going to ship tomorrow.

So.... I called again and found out that they do have the cameras in stock and they will ship tomorrow.

BTW B&H, Kudo's to you for adhering to your religious values and closing for the holiday.

Upvote 0
Got mine in central europe one week ago.
The fast video autofocus and autofocus touchscreen are great.
4K video in 24/25fps is possible even with fast CF cards, instead of the super expensive CFast cards.
The camera doesn't work too well with most Tamron lenses.

For the price, it is very annoying that Canon didn't implement an internal timelapse function and also not the HDR photo mode from the last 5D models.

The most disturbing thing is the lack of focus peaking, which would have been very useful for manual lens photography and not only for video. PLEASE CANON DO ADD THIS AS AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony doesn't protect their video department like Canon does, which is VERY refreshing and using the EVF of the A7R2 is way more fun than working with the 1DX2 unfortunately. After working with mirrorless going back to a DSLR is like being set back to stone age in some ways.

At Photokina in september Sony will release the A9, which addresses the few missing DSLR features of the A7 series. If it has 4K 60fps video and at least 6fps photo plus acceptable processing power, I don't see myself using the 1DX2 anymore already in half a year from now on.

So Canon has to hurry up and deliver mirrorless equivalents of their top DSLR models! Or AT LEAST implement the goodies of other manufacturers like focus peaking!

Upvote 0
I'm looking to buy a good video camera, and seriously considered buying a 1Dx2 for video work because it's a good stills camera and can do video.

Alas the bit depth of the resulting footage is the show-stopper for me - It's not able to produce broadcast quality footage, but for cheaper I can buy a video camera from Sony that produces broadcast quality and has many good features targeting someone with a multi-camera broadcast set up.

So why would I want to pay NZ$11,000 for non-broadcast-quality when I could pay NZ$7,000 for a good broadcast quality video camera and have cash left over for buying a 5D4?

For me 8bit video is too much of a compromise even tho' the colour compression is 4:2:2.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine from B&H in February right after pre-orders started.
I called this am (5/2) around 9am pst to check on the order status.
I was immediately issued one while I was on the phone, less the extra back ordered battery.
The customer service rep was happy to help (as all my experiences have been with B&H).
My shipment confirmation came around 5:30pm same day.
Being on the west coast, I will receive it Thursday morning.

I hope all those waiting, get theirs soon.

Upvote 0