4K 15 FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2012
hjulenissen said:
Jay Khaos said:
24 isn't choppy, its the most normal looking to the eye. 60fps viewed on a screen with a high enough refresh rate looks more fluid like a home video... almost looks worse. That's subjective though I guess.
Hollywood film makers are very good at concealing the limitations of 24 fps. I still think it is nonsesense to think of 24fps as any more "normal looking to the eye" than what poor AM radio is to the ear: it may be what we are used to, but it is a far cry from reality.
4K at 15 fps is pointless.
Played back at normal speed for normal scenes, I tend to agree.

-h

Yea that's why they want to record/show films in 48fps like the hobbit.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
Don Haines said:
What can you watch 4K video on? Seriously!!!! I'm not about to shell out $10000 for a tv to go with a $400 camera...

That said, I have a GoPro3 black on order and can't wait to play with it... but I just can't see myself going past 2K video.... my first planned filming when it comes will be to put it on a stunt kite and capture motion-sickness inspiring video ;)

4K on a 1080p display still looks better than 1080p on a 1080p display, it's not like you have to have a 4K monitor to see the difference.

As for the GoPro, I'm pretty sure they just threw it in there to make the specs look better. But I'll take 2.7K all day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.