5D Mark III Full Spec List?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody noted the mention INTELLIGENT viewfinder?
THIS is the groundbreaking feature that will shake the industry that they were talking about.
I know that this is not a inedited technology but I bet that i will have nothing to do with what have been done in the past!!
The optical TTL focus IS the feature that will hurt Nikon the most.
Buy shares now....

Upvote 0
Whoa whoa whoa... let's slow down.

I'm not convinced this is an accurate (or at least complete) spec list. We can see from the picture of the top that there's an SD card slot, but that isn't mentioned in the specs.

But if most of it's there, that brings about some interesting questions. I'm looking at the file formats section. No mention of a JPEG format. Is that a typo or are they talking video formats? If that's the case, is there a RAW video format?

All will become clear tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Flake said:
Low vibration mode?? Is that a dedicated mirror lock up button at long last?
This feature means that it will be a good camera for macro photography; the 5D mkII already has very low vibration in silent live view mode. This is very important when shotting macro well above 1:1

Upvote 0
If this list is even close to accurate, would like to congratulate Canon on focusing on IQ and delivering what looks to be a killer camera body. I still may be months to a year away from purchasing, but this does likely seem like a body I will own in the next 6 - 18 months, with the off possibility that their high MP might be a little more interesting...

So far, this is a very compelling camera to me, and seems to address my want list very very well

Upvote 0
If they are charging that much, that better be the best metering system possible/ever seen.

I just played with 600d and metering sucks BIG TIME. It misses up to 1.5 stops no matter which settings you use. That's shameful.

So, if they plan on selling any... better get:

WIRELESS FILE TRANSFER that works with LR3+ and Capture One (optional is fine)

REALLY FAST FLASH SYNC, and I mean 1/500+

AUTOFOCUS ON F8 lenses

GOOD SUBJECT TRACKING AUTOFOCUS

ACCURATE METERING WITH PLENTY OF OPTIONS, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH

BIG VIEWFINDER

BETTER WEATHER SEALING

BIGGER HISTOGRAM (sometimes I just want to look at the histogram, not the image itself)

SCREEN RESOLUTION THAT MATCHES THE SCALE OF THE FILE (NO MORE MENUS UP AND DOWN)

P.S. They really should have dumped that silly SD card slot.

Upvote 0
amarlez said:
Whoa whoa whoa... let's slow down.

I'm not convinced this is an accurate (or at least complete) spec list. We can see from the picture of the top that there's an SD card slot, but that isn't mentioned in the specs.

The bit that says "Dual card slots (CF & SD)" didn't give it away?

Upvote 0
skoobey said:
If they are charging that much, that better be the best metering system possible/ever seen.

I just played with 600d and metering sucks BIG TIME. It misses up to 1.5 stops no matter which settings you use. That's shameful.

you want us honestly to believe the 600D is mettering 1.5 stops off on average motivs?
please tell us more bulls h i t.

my advice.... take a good look in the manual or let someone who knows what he is doing check the 600D.

the metering system from the 600D is as good as the rest in that class of cameras.

Upvote 0
It's a smaller 1Ds3 with video.

I did have 2 x 1Dx's pre ordered, now it's just 1.

How good does the IQ of the 1Dx need to be to make it worth taking over a cheaper, lighter, higher MP body?

Dual card slots and it can focus*.

*Subject to change

Upvote 0
Jimmy_D said:
Any ifo on the following two sections?

a.) weather sealing, and
b.) dynamic range in f stops?

"Improved durability & water and dust resistance"

is all that Ted's website lists about weather sealing. no known f stops for DR.

amarlez said:

from the Ted's Camera website, the source of the specs:

"Dual card slots (CF & SD)"

and no, there is no RAW movie format AFAIK. looks like JPEG was just forgotten on the list of formats.

Upvote 0
Autocall said:
Anybody noted the mention INTELLIGENT viewfinder?
THIS is the groundbreaking feature that will shake the industry that they were talking about.
I know that this is not a inedited technology but I bet that i will have nothing to do with what have been done in the past!!
The optical TTL focus IS the feature that will hurt Nikon the most.
Buy shares now....

yes also noted, but haven´t a ryme on this

Upvote 0
Astro said:
skoobey said:

you want us honestly to believe the 600D is mettering 1.5 stops off on all pictures?
please tell us more bulls h i t.

my advice.... take a good look in the manual or let someone who knows what he is doing check the 600D.

Not in all pictures, I haven't said that. In some situations, it just happens to be all the situations that would give you good shots. So, I have to turn on the Live view, set the exposure according to the histogram, then go back to the viewfinder and shoot.

Both spot and partial are tragic on that thing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.