5D2 video shooting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gwei8

Hi all,

I recently just got a 5D2 and loved it, upgraded from 50D. I was playing around with video mode and have a question. When shooting video, does the focusing square or rectangle show up on LCD screen during live view??? Mine doesn't show but I've seen some people on YouTube that has the square or rectangle on LCD when shooting video... Is there an option to turn it on or off??? Or is it something that was removed during the firmware update?? Thanks for the help and loved this site.

May 12, 2011
gwei8 said:
Hi all,

I recently just got a 5D2 and loved it, upgraded from 50D. I was playing around with video mode and have a question. When shooting video, does the focusing square or rectangle show up on LCD screen during live view??? Mine doesn't show but I've seen some people on YouTube that has the square or rectangle on LCD when shooting video... Is there an option to turn it on or off??? Or is it something that was removed during the firmware update?? Thanks for the help and loved this site.

Usually hitting the info button to the left of the screen scrolls through different viewing options, should show up after a few presses. Then use the little star button to zoom in to focus, but be aware you can't do this while the camera is recording.

I would definitely update the firmware asap, it gives you different frame rates and manual controls during video shooting.

Upvote 0
The autofocus mode will have an effect on this. I don't think the rectangle appears if face detection is turned on.

To change the focus mode for video.
1. Make sure you're in live view
2. Press the AF-Drive button
3. use the scroll wheel on top of the camera to change modes.

Enjoy the camera! I've had mine for about 3 months now and I'm having a blast with it.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
gwei8 said:
Hi all,

Actually I'm looking at mine right now, and the AF points will disappear when you scroll through the info button. I switched the autofocus modes, switched back and forth between manual and autofocus, and I can't seem to get the square to go away, so maybe it is something in the firmware update...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.