5Ghz wifi capabilities confirmed for the Canon EOS R5

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Ooh, but its the 7D Mark 3 thats now being listed on product lists lol
I suggest to start talking about 7R Mark IV rumors now. I am pretty sure that there are already first spec lists already discussed somewhere in the net. Here is my start for the rumored spec list:

- 150 MP APS-C back & side lit sensor, actively cooled
- 100 fps
- light field technology, so no AF is anymore needed
- intelligent user recognition: noobs will be ignored, the camera then takes over the power and decides on its own what's worth to be photographed or filmed, and how
- infinite k video
- portable nuclear power plant to run this camera

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
- intelligent user recognition: noobs will be ignored, the camera then takes over the power and decides on its own what's worth to be photographed or filmed, and how
Basically when you'll look through the EVF there will be a sensor touching your forehead and it will detect how much you actually know about photography.
Based on that information, you might only get access to noobs green modes, as you said:)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
I'm afraid there won't be. But why is it a good thing? I mean you can always turn it off?

I have never felt the GPS on Powershot S100 or EOS 7D II was battery hogs. But having smartphone connected and using it as GPS, definetely is a battery hog for the smartphone. Besides that, the smartphone solution works really bad and unreliable in practice. With my new G5 X II, I'm back to use external GPS device and sync geocoordinates into photos on the PC in postprocessing. It feels like stepping 6-9 years back to before I purchased the S100 and 7D II. But it is better than using the app.
R5 being a mirrorless camera and even with larger battery it still wont match battery life of DSLRs. Also the time it takes to acquire signal and then interprete signal kills the purpose of having gps in camera ready to shoot. I personally prefer using Garmin gps to generate tracks which seems to be the most accurate and reliable method of geotagging my photos. On smartphone with gps enabled I make sure to turn off data and screen which seems to alliviate the battery drain significantly.

Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
I suggest to start talking about 7R Mark IV rumors now. I am pretty sure that there are already first spec lists already discussed somewhere in the net. Here is my start for the rumored spec list:

- 150 MP APS-C back & side lit sensor, actively cooled
- 100 fps
- light field technology, so no AF is anymore needed
- infinite k video
- portable nuclear power plant to run this camera
Do you get a light sabre with that, that can be charged via the hot Shue? That has to be an essential accessory for the intrepid photographer.
All the little leaks have now gone beyond marketing, just announce the camera lol!!

• Haha
Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2017
I don't think 12fps mechanical 20fps electronic is a rumour any more. Canon Canada's website lists that spec as legit:

Wow, I just saw that they anonced a RF 100-500 L
Thats exciting! It looks realy promising small, like the impressive small RF 70-200. I must say, these new lenses are truely interesting. In combination with the small body it makes for a quite nice travel-package, while retaining high-end quality.
Though I may miss the option of the celver variable ND filter that can only be used with EF lenses :D

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Basically when you'll look through the EVF there will be a sensor touching your forehead and it will detect how much you actually know about photography.
Based on that information, you might only get access to noobs green modes, as you said:)

For those folks who are Definitely Not Noobs there's the "P for Professionals" mode which gives you access to all the settings so you can feel good about yourself and then goes to ignore them all and and actually shoots at full auto.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0