6D Mark II speculation...

Crosswind

The bigger your Canon, the smaller your Cannon :)
Feb 2, 2015
Austria
TeT said:
i would like the articulating touch screen. I would really like the programable touch screen.

yea absolutely, as I expect the 6d ii to be some kind of answer to nikon's d750.
I think it'd be a let-down if it doesn't feature a tilt-able screen at least (without touch).

And Sonys ff mirrorless can only be answered by canon ff mirrorless (which will happen sooner or later), and not with a 6d ii.

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
Crosswind said:
yea absolutely, as I expect the 6d ii to be some kind of answer to nikon's d750.

The answer will that Canon think they don't need an answer for the d750 feature/price "value". They'll get away just fine with providing something way below the d610 to keep people from changing their system to Sonikon. No doubt Canon will provide a stellar 5d4 though, if you have the cash to buy it.

Upvote 0

Crosswind

Feb 2, 2015
Austria
Marsu42 said:
No doubt Canon will provide a stellar 5d4 though, if you have the cash to buy it.

Yes i could, but i don't want to spend money on something that i don't really need. That's the reason i bought myself a 6d and not something 'better'. If the 6d ii won't feature significantly improved high iso performance and at least a tilt-able screen i wouldn't buy it. It's that simple.

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
Even the new Canon 760D has 19 AF points this is where Canon handicapped the 6d as a general photography tool for the occational airshow or safari trip.

What we do likely know is it will have a sensor based on current Canon tech rather than a new breed of sensor if the camera comes in 2015 as the 5DS & 5DS R are not coming out until late May in Europe & June in the US.

Upvote 0

Crosswind

Feb 2, 2015
Austria
jeffa4444 said:
What we do likely know is it will have a sensor based on current Canon tech rather than a new breed of sensor if the camera comes in 2015 as the 5DS & 5DS R are not coming out until late May in Europe & June in the US.

Is it even realistic to think that the 6d might come out in 2015? When looking at the interval between the 7d and 7d ii, it's pretty "shocking" how long it can take the slow moving giant to bring out it's next child. Somehow I cannot believe that the 6d ii will show up in 2015.

5ds R - late may 2015
5d IV - Q4 2015
6D II - Q1-Q2 2016

??

Upvote 0