70-200 f4, finally arrived

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
My shop called to tell me the 70-200 f4 had finally arrived in their hands, a few hours before the start of the NHL game.

Just enough time to take it for its first walk in the park so to speak.
An 80 dollar parking ticket for an expired meter, by 6 minutes, outside the shop (because Montreal SUCKS that way and loves to whack you at every possible chance), I made it to the rink.
When I see a lens review and they talk about tracking moving objects, and they show a person walking at a leisurely pace etc, I never take the review seriously.
How fast can a lens jump back on the play when a ref or another player skates through the frame is important, can it follow a player sprinting right towards you?

I brought my 70-200 2.8 EF, just in case, and never used it.
The RF performed very, very well. It focused as well or better than the 2.8 EF with an adapter on the R5. Being so much lighter, I found I took the camera away from my eye less often than I use to with a 1dx mk 2 and the EF 70-20 2.8.

Tomorrow I will go through the folder again and pull out extra 'beauty shots' for the archives, but at quick glance, I do not forsee carrying the 2.8 EF to the rink for the next game this Thursday night.

IMG_8932.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
Excellent, thanks for sharing . Would love to see a few shots, but maybe that’s not allowed?
Hey Viggo,

I checked, and it sounds like by NHL rules I can't post them on any web site but the newspapers, ironically tho, I can post them to Insta. :unsure:
I did post a 3 there.
Before dumping the files from my hard drive to the backup server, I went through and pulled another 30 or so picture, mostly isolation and beauty pix for the archive. That R5 is so much better than my 1Dx mk 2!
I still wish I had kept the 5d mk 4 for soft skin tones, but that ship has sailed.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0