7D Mark 2 Preorders "sound off"

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
Don Haines said:
GaryJ said:
Ah you lucky Nth Americans,so many places to buy from,cheap prices,[7DII will be AUS$2300-2500]no firm date for distribution,Victoria will get it first followed by New South Wales[that's Melbourne and Sydney to you Northeners]with poor old Queensland after the others are supplied,this is if other releases are anything to go by,oh for parity with US $.

It is $1800 in the U.S., $1900 in Canada.... but with the exchange rate, $1900 CAD is the equivalent of $1695 US or $1930 AUD. We are very lucky up here in "the great white north" You Americans shouldn't be rushing to NYC to get your new camera, come on up to Canada and try out your new camera taking pictures of Polar bears, beavers, and Mounties riding horses....
*hijacks the thread for a short and not so serious comment*
I'm not north american in any way, but wouldn't mind some beaver. I tend to stay away from mounting horses though...
*returns the thread*

That is some seriously good prices! With our exchange rates CAD<->SEK, it looks like the 7D Mk II wouldn't be much more expensive than the original 7D when I bought that. And I made sure I did get a really good price on that one.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Sportsgal501 said:
MagnumJoe said:
I’ve decided I'm ready to purchase the 7D MK II as a second camera; paired with my 5D MK III. What I don't want to get stuck in as a pre-order and not receive it Oct 31st. There's so many vendors selling it and yes, they'll promise it to you to get the sale. Does it make sense to order from Canon direct, with free overnight shipping instead or wait and buy it at your local store? We only have Best Buy and I doubt if they sell the body alone. I know it's probably late in the game to preorder, what is the best way to have the 7D MK II in hand on Oct 31?

Check the Best Buy (in your area) website, if you click on the 7D MarkII and than hit shipping and availability. The store will say if they have them in stock, they might have one or two bodies.

Best Buy usually gets new DSLR's 3 months after anyone else, while Amazon only lags by 2 months.

Upvote 0