7D MK II Under $1000 (999.99) NOT!

Mar 25, 2011
Canon Price Watch shows ebay seller Dzone2 as having the Canon 7D MK II for 999.99. I had predicted this price would happen by August, so I was a month early.

Canon Price Watch only lists sellers who have not generated a bunch of complaints, but I'm still not going to buy from Hong Kong. If there is a issue, its time consuming and expensive to send it back.

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/05537/Canon-EOS-7D-Mark-II-price.html

UPDATE:

They are asking $220 for shipping. That's outrageous. I have items shipped to me frequently from Hong Kong by premium DHL shipping for about $14 for something like this.

Re: 7D MK II Under $1000 (999.99)

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Canon Price Watch shows ebay seller Dzone2 as having the Canon 7D MK II for 999.99. I had predicted this price would happen by August, so I was a month early.

Canon Price Watch only lists sellers who have not generated a bunch of complaints, but I'm still not going to buy from Hong Kong. If there is a issue, its time consuming and expensive to send it back.

Well technically it's not 999.99 as you still have to pay that steep 220.00 shipping charge. So in the end you are just better off buying from a US dealer...USA warranty, free shipping, and no sales tax.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Re: 7D MK II Under $1000 (999.99)

East Wind Photography said:

Well technically it's not 999.99 as you still have to pay that steep 220.00 shipping charge. So in the end you are just better off buying from a US dealer...USA warranty, free shipping, and no sales tax.

Thanks -

I totally missed that shipping charge, free shipping has been so standard.

Shipping cost from Hong Kong by Air (DHL, FEDEX, etc.) Runs about $7 -$8 a KG, so their shipping price is inflated by a huge amount. The Camera will weigh about 2KG. I import products from China and know the shipping costs from Hong Kong.

Try to ship the other way, the price is very high unless you have a volume deal with a shipper. In fact, a order I placed this week from Singapore has much lower shipping by 20% than earlier this year.

Upvote 0
tomscott said:
You can still buy from Digital Rev with free postage.

Yeah that's correct, I got an eos m3 a number of months back and got free shipping. Well it's not exactly free. They build it into the price.

That being said I think it won't be long before the 7dii may sell under 1k. Look at all of the Canon refurbs for sale. (canonpricewatch.com) the number was initially staggering. I've bought a number of refurbs from Canon and never been burned. Maybe because each is checked out a second time before being sold. Plus you still get the 1 year warranty.. but I digress...

1200 for the 7d2 is worth every penny. Got mine when it was new and it has already paid for itself.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
East Wind Photography said:
tomscott said:
You can still buy from Digital Rev with free postage.

Yeah that's correct, I got an eos m3 a number of months back and got free shipping. Well it's not exactly free. They build it into the price.

That being said I think it won't be long before the 7dii may sell under 1k. Look at all of the Canon refurbs for sale. (canonpricewatch.com) the number was initially staggering. I've bought a number of refurbs from Canon and never been burned. Maybe because each is checked out a second time before being sold. Plus you still get the 1 year warranty.. but I digress...

1200 for the 7d2 is worth every penny. Got mine when it was new and it has already paid for itself.

I set myself a price of $1000 back when it was introduced. Now, I'm also waiting to see what is announced.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Re: 7D MK II Under $1000 (999.99) NOT! Seller Delisted

After I pointed out the selling tactic, CPW replied that they were delisting the seller, so something good came from the helpful comments. I checked and he is gone.

Thanks CR Members!

I don't know much about Gordon from CPW, but I have bought two lenses and got Adobe CC via his website (all at good discounts), he has contacted me several times to make sure everything was OK (they were always genuine service emails with no sales talk) and he always answers emails within minutes, hours at most. I can't say enough good things about my dealings with CPW.

Upvote 0