A minor Canon EOS R6 Mark II firmware update is coming soon

Canon surpassed Sony as the #1 MILC brand in Japan last year, and likely globally (those data are not yet available). Clearly, the majority of people are not going to Sony despite the repeated claims of trolls. If you personally want to switch, just do it…
obviously if I want to change then I do what I want, even if given the price of the material it's never easy, it's like a divorce, but I've always liked canon and I just find them very slow to move and their restrictions are inexplicable, why IPB format, why no waveform, why not 6 k on hard disk, why not real 4k cinema, things that the canon r6 mark 2 can do amply

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
May 16, 2014
For the sake of completeness, the R5 also works with the XP 14mm (which is not full manual, as it has electronic aperture).
Thanks for the update and the correction! The R5 and the R6 were introduced in 2020 and work with all Samyang EF lenses while the R6 ii and the R7 are from 2022 and don't work with certain Samyang EF lenses any more. So I worry that any new Canon camera will not work any more with certain Samyang EF lenses.

Upvote 0

puffo25

EOS R5 - Fine art landscape, travel,astro and pano
Jul 18, 2017
italy
Let's stay positive. The longer it takes, the more difficult features to add it has. Right? Their release schedule of the past year would have suggested a July release, but 1.4 for example also came in late August. The "usual" four months are already quite long that it can feel like forever ago, especially compared to our usual electronic things like a laptop or phone. Patience people, patience.
I own 2 Canon R5 and I also hope to see an important firmware update after version 1.8x was released many months ago,....

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
We have received two reports of brand new Canon EOS R6 Mark II camera bodies coming with firmware v1.1.4, the latest current and downloadable firmware version is 1.1.2. This seems like it will be a very minor update, perhaps a bug fix or two or a compatibility update. We are a bit out of the

See full article...

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
I'm still not convinced on the r62's ability to eye focus very well. With all of my EF lenses, my misrate is super high, and this is with portraits literally people standing still. A lot of shots catches the subject in the distance as well but it's not super sharp. It's almost a a combination of IQ softness and the eyeAF holding on to dear life. Honestly it's been driving me crazy and thankfully this thing is in like new condition, because I am 80% the way to selling it. I sent it into Canon and they said my settings are off. One great piece of advice?

"Try using 5.6 so eyes are clear and sharp."
Yeah general canyon warranty folks don't seem to be that bright. CPS is where the knowledge is at.

And the R5 feels more like an upgrade from my 5D3. I'm still quite shocked at how small and plasticky these things are. A 70 to 200 old version feels like it can tear off the mount.

Upvote 0