CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
R1-7D said:
Jack Douglas said:
Viggo said:
ethanz said:
R1-7D said:
How is everyone's sensors looking these days? Mine was filthy and recently had to have Canon clean it.

I noticed Arthur Morris has recently said he's completely 'soured' against the 1DX2 because of the sensor dust/oil issues and prefers to use his two 5D Mark IVs now.

My first year with it got lots of spots but I sent it off to Canon and it has been great for five months. Haven't really seen any spots, but I have been more careful with the body cap. Although now that I'm CPS platinum I'll probably send the body in twice a year just because.

Can Arty being an explorer of light actually diss one of Canon's products?

Lucky me, haven't seen any spots ever, and clean now also. I have tried shootng f22 against the sky, see some dust, but no oil splatter.

To me Artie was just trying to get a new camera to sell it off and I didn't really find that to my liking.

Jack

I think that's kind of harsh. I mean, if the guy isn't affiliated directly with Canon anymore and his camera is indeed acting up, I don't think he's in the wrong to show other users what his situation is. I've gone through everything he's posted with regards to the issue and he has always seemed very forth coming. Wanting Canon to replace something that's faulty doesn't seem to be an unfair expectation.

Furthermore, in the last post where he mentions the 1DX2 he indicates that he still owns in; it just isn't getting the use it used to because he became "soured" from his experience, and because he prefers the lighter 5DIVs for handling.

I stand to be corrected. I know he stated that when it was replaced he would sell it but I'm not going to dig to find the comment because it's not worthy of extra effort. Perhaps it sounds a little harsh but as I understand it there was nothing really wrong with the camera other than the dirty sensor and I didn't sense he wanted it cleaned and then that would settle the issue. I must have missed in what other way it was acting up. Indeed, if mine was seriously acting up and within warranty I might wish it would be replaced but I'm afraid I'd have to settle for it being properly repaired. Soured; yes that's exactly what I gathered.

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Yes, returning to the topic. I am not an experienced landscape photographer so am reluctant but here is one from northern BC. It's also 11-24 @11.

Embarrassing, correction, I forgot this was taken with the 6D, being two years ago!

Jack

Attachments

• Mighty Skeena river_16099.JPG
    Mighty Skeena river_16099.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Viggo said:
R1-7D said:
Just so we also keep on topic of photos taken with the 1DX2, here's another shot. :)

Moraine Lake in Banff National Park. Again with the 11-24mm f/4L. I have to say, it's my favourite lens, but not an easy one to use.

Very nice! Love the colors :D

Thank you! That was the only little bit of light that poked through for sunrise and then the clouds took over again.

I also have a nice four minute long exposure taken with my 5DsR of the lake too. It's a very picturesque place! :)

Upvote 0
Click said:
R1-7D said:
Just so we also keep on topic of photos taken with the 1DX2, here's another shot. :)

Moraine Lake in Banff National Park. Again with the 11-24mm f/4L. I have to say, it's my favourite lens, but not an easy one to use.

Beautiful shot. Lovely reflections 8) Well done, R1-7D.

Thanks! I appreciate the comment. I made it just in time for the brief light poking through. As soon as I arrived at the lake I slipped and fell walking along its edge because it was pitch black out and I couldn't see where I was going. I hurt my knee pretty badly and almost quit for the day right then and there. Glad I didn't. :)

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
R1-7D said:

Beautiful

Scott

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Hi!

I'm trying something I haven't tried before. Luminosity masks. I tried to give this image sort of a matte, cinematic look. I don't know if it looks right, but at least I got it looking the way I intended, lol.

Just a quick snap on the way from soccer.
1dx2+35 L II, One Broncolor Siros 800 L in a P70 reflector just outside the tunnel on the right side.
f1.4, iso 100, 1/4000s

a.lu.fb2.jpg

Upvote 0