Anything Shot with a 7D MII

I've been a lurker for about a year now and decided I should probably start contributing. I took my 7D Mark II out for its first real try at astrophotography. I think it preformed decently, but even 30+ miles outside of the city the light pollution is just pervasive. I got there after dark so the power lines were a nice surprise I didn't notice until I got home.

The Milky Way by Justin Pickens, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Just got my 7D II and I'm trying to get used to the additional functionality/menus from my 6D. Also, very much a wildlife beginner.

Here is a young eagle. As soon as I pulled my the camera to photograph him perched, he took off and flew the opposite direction.

IMG_0139-Edit by Fr3nzy, on Flickr

Here are some ducks, doing what ducks do.

IMG_0116-2 by Fr3nzy, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Grand Haven, MI We had 40+ MPH winds and pretty large waves, some 15'-20' a couple of weeks ago.

Lots of blowing sand, I had 20 min to spare between some running I had to do for work. Everybody else was off to the south, I wanted the straight down the pier view.

7D MII 100-400 VII handheld.

Attachments

• _W2A4122 Lighthouse.jpg
    _W2A4122 Lighthouse.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
d4mike said:
Grand Haven, MI We had 40+ MPH winds and pretty large waves, some 15'-20' a couple of weeks ago.

Lots of blowing sand, I had 20 min to spare between some running I had to do for work. Everybody else was off to the south, I wanted the straight down the pier view.

Awesome. Great shot. Well done, d4mike.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
d4mike said:

great shot! makes me wish I was there.....

Upvote 0