Apologies.

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Hey, no problem!

It is great to be passionate about something, but sometimes we all get a bit carried away, it's nice to be able to step back. One of the things that I love about this forum are the people, and I can't think of a single one that I would not go have a beer with.... even ones that would fly in on an imaginary helicopter!

This kind of reminds me of "film is dead" :) and 20 years later it is still going. The DSLR? I can easily see it loosing it's position as king of the hill, but I think that it will survive (in reduced numbers) for quite a long while.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Hey, sanj! No offense here anywhere.

The good thing about the „free world“ is the freedom of opinion.
No matter if right or wrong - as long as you don‘t offend or hurt anyone.

And if you recognize that you are wrong (I am not sure here ;)) and if you are open minded to other opinions than you are advanced to most others

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I don't think an apology is necessary, but I do appreciate an admission of error. It's amazing how difficult it is for so many people on the internet to admit they are human and make mistakes -- especially so, because the topics and premises of this whole entire forum are entertaining but trivial.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Hey, sanj! No offense here anywhere.

The good thing about the „free world“ is the freedom of opinion.
No matter if right or wrong - as long as you don‘t offend or hurt anyone.

And if you recognize that you are wrong (I am not sure here ;)) and if you are open minded to other opinions than you are advanced to most others

I do recognize for sure and am also very shocked...!!

Upvote 0
I don't think an apology is necessary, but I do appreciate an admission of error. It's amazing how difficult it is for so many people on the internet to admit they are human and make mistakes -- especially so, because the topics and premises of this whole entire forum are entertaining but trivial.

Personally I think it is easier for someone to admit they are wrong when the person telling them they are wrong does it with a bit more grace. Excluding trolls, sometimes even when a person is wrong, there might be some good takeaways from the discussion or a different angle to be considered. I think condescension and personal attacks are much more the problem than those needing to apologize.. My 2c..

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Sanj.
I second what Don said, and in fact I think everyone’s comments have been well balanced which speaks to the nature of all here.
It takes a big man to admit to a a mistake and to apologise, hats off to a big man, however I’m not sure it was something that warranted an apology, voicing ones opinion is not an offence unless it is done offensively!

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Not dead, but perhaps on life support. As long as sufficient quantities sell, we will be able to buy them. If, however, sales tank, then expect them to fade away. Its far too early to tell.
Very true.

One of the biggest things I do like is not having to AFMA. I have read reports of some camera/lens combos needing it (Nikon?), but nothing I have does. It seemed like the biggest pain was doing it on zooms. I used Focal, but it was a pain for me to use. I got to where I'd find a cereal box or something and photograph the ingredients label from another room and just adjust from that. I seemed to get better results that way. I'm not sure AFMA is even an option on the R. I don't believe I have seen it in the menu.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
Hi Sanj.
I second what Don said, and in fact I think everyone’s comments have been well balanced which speaks to the nature of all here.
It takes a big man to admit to a a mistake and to apologise, hats off to a big man, however I’m not sure it was something that warranted an apology, voicing ones opinion is not an offence unless it is done offensively!

Cheers, Graham.
Dear Friend. I did it incorrectly. I was rude and pompous. I said something like (cant remember exactly): "Only old people are finding it difficult to accept that DSLR are history." :censored:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0