Apple designer Jony Ive's custom charity Leica rangefinder revealed

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
AlanF said:
Rienzphotoz said:
fugu82 said:
Well. I've been an Apple fan since the Mac Plus, but I've drained pasta in better-looking hardware than that Leica.
Can you please post an image of your pasta drainer/colander that looks better than that Leica

Here are several hundred that look better:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=colander&client=firefox-a&hs=5pI&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pvBXUoj3NsrB0QXms4Aw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1705&bih=1222&dpr=1
Naaaah, my toilet looks better than all those colanders. Jony Ive created a beautiful design for that Leica.

Upvote 0
Dec 9, 2012
I'm sure he did this as a favor to Bono for his Product Red (http://www.red.org/en/) charity. I'm not sure where I read this, but Ive thinks the camera might fetch...$6million! As I said, this thing will never be used and will end up in a museum for design. Truth be told, it is probably not the most ergonomic camera around but the people who will be bidding on this care nothing about photography.

By the way, is seems there will be several products auctioned off. Here is a desk machined out of a solid piece of aluminum. http://mocoloco.com/fresh2/2013/10/10/red-desk-by-jony-ive-marc-newson-done.php

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
CharlieB said:
Sorry, that thing looks like a Leica crossed with an enema nozzle.
A rectangular enema nozzle in the rectal passage ... most intriguing and disturbing observation :eek: ... I sincerely hope you aren't speaking from personal experience ;D

My dear man, "crossed with" not "into". It retains the properties of both.

However, I retract my statement, and say that instead it needs a charging cradle and a little stiff cleaning brush. Looks more like a first gen rechargable electric shaver (ca. 1974) to me.

Either way, its bfu for a Leica, which is in and of itself, a piece of elgance. Don't think there's much more elegant in camradom than an M3 with a 50 Summilux on it.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
CharlieB said:
Rienzphotoz said:
CharlieB said:
Sorry, that thing looks like a Leica crossed with an enema nozzle.
A rectangular enema nozzle in the rectal passage ... most intriguing and disturbing observation :eek: ... I sincerely hope you aren't speaking from personal experience ;D

My dear man, "crossed with" not "into". It retains the properties of both.
;D ;D ;D ... still intrigued ... Peace.

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
ihendy said:
I don't see a hot shoe?! I guess Jony decided photog's don't need flashes just like we didn't need cd drives on our Retina mac books. :eek:
Recently sold my MBP that had a CD drive (which I never used) in favor of the MBP with Retina & SSD ... don't miss the CD drive at all.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
ihendy said:
I don't see a hot shoe?! I guess Jony decided photog's don't need flashes just like we didn't need cd drives on our Retina mac books. :eek:
Recently sold my MBP that had a CD drive (which I never used) in favor of the MBP with Retina & SSD ... don't miss the CD drive at all.

I agree, the CD drive is dead. Anything that can be done via CD is easily downloadable. Music? Forget about it. When was the last time anyone burnt a CD? My iPhone stores more music than all of my CD collection combined.

Maybe watching DVDs and Blue rays is a reason to still have it. Then again theres Netflix ...

Storage? Ummm no, HDD and SSD have that covered now. And theres online storage available.

Upvote 0